What did you BUY today?

My latest package from music magpie arrived today and it consisted of the original PeterJackson trilogy of bad taste, meet the feebles and brain dead (dead alive for the yanks).

I caved and ended up buying MVM's Fate/UBW CE part 1, totally regret not getting part 2 in the xmas sale when it was super cheap just cause I thought I would never be able to get part 1

Got this Perfect Blue Cel, background and original draft, interesting to see how it changed. It's a weird cel and you'd be hard-pressed to know what it's from at a glance. The cel itself is visible in the movie at the 25:05 mark for all but 6 seconds and yet its so detailed, and it's one of many.
TFgo71G.jpg

V3zkRgh.jpg

hIYaDTA.jpg

Also I got this Lupin...mirror? It was too weird to not buy I guess. I'll look at my reflection and heed its words every day before I go to work. No, not the words "A Likable Fellow", but rather "Be careful." and "Wanted" as I stare at what I can only describe as my mug shot. One of the weirder things I've bought, along with the Daicon ashtray... I don't smoke.
Ge1J4bt.jpg

I got this from Forbidden Planet yesterday. It’s from 2004 (156 pages) and I paid £1.99 for it.

It’s a little battered. The cover was very dusty and dirty, but I cleaned it up. It had five price stickers on - I got most of them off, but the last two are a bit tougher. It looks a lot happier now than it did sitting all alone on the shelf!

I’m very happy I came across it. I’ve never seen it before, so it’s obviously been sitting in a long forgotten corner of FP’s store room.

I wonder if they were aware of all the recent JC BD releases and decided to fling it out on the shelf to capitalise 🤔

E7B11D57-6D2B-43B3-860F-2556B4578AD5.jpegF6DF5FA4-A4DB-43BA-99F7-968EFB541490.jpeg

Got this Perfect Blue Cel, background and original draft, interesting to see how it changed. It's a weird cel and you'd be hard-pressed to know what it's from at a glance. The cel itself is visible in the movie at the 25:05 mark for all but 6 seconds and yet its so detailed, and it's one of many.
TFgo71G.jpg

V3zkRgh.jpg

hIYaDTA.jpg

Also I got this Lupin...mirror? It was too weird to not buy I guess. I'll look at my reflection and heed its words every day before I go to work. No, not the words "A Likable Fellow", but rather "Be careful." and "Wanted" as I stare at what I can only describe as my mug shot. One of the weirder things I've bought, along with the Daicon ashtray... I don't smoke.
Ge1J4bt.jpg
How do manage to find these things and they must really expensive.

How do manage to find these things and they must really expensive.
They can be expensive but over the years I've bought some things for insanely cheap prices. It ebbs and flows I guess depending on what's in vogue at any given time, some shows and films are in higher demand than others and many are overlooked. Not related to cels but I noticed for example the City Hunter complete DVD set in Japan has gone up in price from around £400 secondhand not too long ago to £1000 now, probably due to the new film releasing and thus more people being interested in the series again. In terms of where from, I just look around Japanese action sites and such, Yahoo Auctions, Mandarake etc, but I also have a few friends that live in japan that hook me up,, a friend of mine knows a guy that worked on eva for example and so that's where I got some of my evangelion sketches and such but generally auction sites are your best bet. Like with most things you tell yourself that you'll only get one or two and the next thing you know you're up to your knees with them, gotta catch 'em all I guess.

They can be expensive but over the years I've bought some things for insanely cheap prices. It ebbs and flows I guess depending on what's in vogue at any given time, some shows and films are in higher demand than others and many are overlooked. Not related to cels but I noticed for example the City Hunter complete DVD set in Japan has gone up in price from around £400 secondhand not too long ago to £1000 now, probably due to the new film releasing and thus more people being interested in the series again. In terms of where from, I just look around Japanese action sites and such, Yahoo Auctions, Mandarake etc, but I also have a few friends that live in japan that hook me up,, a friend of mine knows a guy that worked on eva for example and so that's where I got some of my evangelion sketches and such but generally auction sites are your best bet. Like with most things you tell yourself that you'll only get one or two and the next thing you know you're up to your knees with them, gotta catch 'em all I guess.
No no I'm not planning on getting into animation cels just curious that's all.

Some more PS3 game purchases:

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD collection
Sly Trilogy
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes

Back