What did you BUY today?

I've been pretty quiet on the online hauls lately outside of some of the forum deals I have done (thank you Mangaranga and Shadowcat!), and I decided to order two more PlayStation 4 games!

81pf-IEzn-l-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

Onimusha Warlords
Capcom's cult classic video game from the PlayStation 2 era is coming very soon to the west and the physical copies are surprisingly cheap at $19.99 brand new. There is no EU retail release which is a shame but I'm happy to simply import this title. Those who aren't familiar with Onimusha should know that this game is basically Resident Evil's classic tank controls combined with samurai action and a Japanese historical setting with fantasy elements combined. If you have a Nintendo Switch, you can play this game also.

81-Eug-XQlo-KL-AC-SL1500.jpg

Tokyo Xanadu eX+
The latest video game from Falcom's Xanadu franchise with a modern twist, the PlayStation 4 version is an extended/enhanced version of the original PlayStation Vita release in the same vein as Ys 8. This game is quite hard to find and while Aksys did offer a UK release that went out of print and expensive so fast. It's got some copies available in North America so I bought it now before it was too late. I believe Aksys also updated the English translation for the PS4 version after releasing the Vita version.

I should get Onimusha for my xbox later, but waiting until it drops below 10 euros. My gaming backlog is too deep to go out and buy it asap, specially having just got vesperia and with KH3 already paid for later this month.

I should get Onimusha for my xbox later, but waiting until it drops below 10 euros. My gaming backlog is too deep to go out and buy it asap, specially having just got vesperia and with KH3 already paid for later this month.
I won't lie on the fact that my PlayStation 4 backlog is huge, but personally I would rather buy more games that I want to play rather than to focus on the backlog only to find out that those games are now even more expensive or worse out of print.

I won't lie on the fact that my PlayStation 4 backlog is huge, but personally I would rather buy more games that I want to play rather than to focus on the backlog only to find out that those games are now even more expensive or worse out of print.

With ps stuff (aka stuff that isn't on xbox) I'm even more strict with what I get these days, with next gen around the corner, I know Xbox will let be play the games with retro compatibility, but ps isn't know yet.

With ps stuff (aka stuff that isn't on xbox) I'm even more strict with what I get these days, with next gen around the corner, I know Xbox will let be play the games with retro compatibility, but ps isn't know yet.
Yeah that's another good reason why I have been trying to buy as many retail games as I can. With Xbox I may as well just wait for their next-generation model since they fully support backwards compatibility (it's basically why they're still surviving in current gen tbh) while Sony is well... not fully getting the idea (the PS3 hardware I understand).

Yeah that's another good reason why I have been trying to buy as many retail games as I can. With Xbox I may as well just wait for their next-generation model since they fully support backwards compatibility (it's basically why they're still surviving in current gen tbh) while Sony is well... not fully getting the idea (the PS3 hardware I understand).

It's a great media center, plays 4K blu rays and all. I even upgraded to xbox one X when it came out to play games with better resolution and performance.

I doubt the switch. Because I doubt III and therfore 0.8 could play on it. And Nomura may not want to as he will probably be moving on to VII which also is a Sony exclusive for a time period. Sony has won this generation easily and the Pro should have a 4K drive yes as that helped the PS3 (the BD) all those years back, but at the current price of the X I just won’t get the use out of it.

Picked up a few more used PS3 games over the week as they were so cheap:

One Piece Pirate Warriors - Had it digitaly, but nice to have a physical copy of it
Dynasty Warriors 7
Mafia 2 - Have it with PS Plus but nice to have a physical copy
Fallout New Vegas
Cross Edge
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn

Nomura hinted at switch not long ago, even for KH3 but only after KH3 release.

Yasue will be taking over Osaka studio while Nomura is busy with FF, even the DLC will be on him.

Final Manga purchase for a while

Pez and Inside Mari Denpa books

Edit: That lasted 3 hours... ordered Invitation With A Crab and Maiden Railways

Last edited:
Back