What are your life goals?

I think when most people who have achieved certain goals provide encouragement to those who haven't, it's because they know failure and disappointment, but the key is that they never lost faith and had complete determination to realize that goal. Perseverance is necessary to achieve anything.

I'm not really as obsessed with the whole 'law of attraction' as some people (It's mainly the encouragement of the materialistic application of it I question, but even then I can't deny it) but it is true that to have absolute confidence even in the face of defeat, whist taking proper action, will lead to success.

It's not easy in the least, but sometimes you really just have to get that Naruto mind set!

vashdaman said:
I think when most people who have achieved certain goals provide encouragement to those who haven't, it's because they know failure and disappointment, but the key is that they never lost faith and had complete determination to realize that goal. Perseverance is necessary to achieve anything.

I'm not really as obsessed with the whole 'law of attraction' as some people (It's mainly the encouragement of the materialistic application of it I question, but even then I can't deny it) but it is true that to have absolute confidence even in the face of defeat, whist taking proper action, will lead to success.

It's not easy in the least, but sometimes you really just have to get that Naruto mind set!

This exactly the way i feel about the subject. i find that the more you succeed at things you set out to do the higher ones goals tend to be in the long run. I've managed to keep myself fairly optimistic about reaching my goal but i have had a few failures that helped keep me in check and not get too conceited. You also need to be able to persevere to have to go through 4 years straight of Construction and civil engineering course work.

Hmm, well i was going to write out alot more than what's to be posted below this but i'm so busy right now that i can only manage this much:

Ignoring my qualifications as a senior technician (city and guilds diploma, CompTIA A+ and Cisco Foundation) i've decided to change career path to a social worker, 2 reasons really

1. My current job is a training administrator/Trainer for a trust and one of the courses is teach is safeguarding children, its a noble cause to protect those who need the help. I'll enjoy being able to work for a true cause and see benefits to my hard work instead of sitting behind a desk or infront of a class.

2. i can get the NHS to pay my uni fees to become a social worker in trade for my services once i've qualified. Starting point is £30k within a year i will be increased to band 6 due to being a male in a prodominantly female profession they have said that males aren't usually on the front line and become directors quicker. So following on with my usual £800 payrise a year i'll get the 10 incremental point jumps (each being £400) from bottom of band 5 to bottom of band 6 will mean that i'll earn 34,800 as i turn 26.

That's what i'm aiming for within the next 4 years, in the next 10 years i'd like to have a house, go travelling with the missus and get properly married. have kids and enjoy life with my family aswell as staying very close to my parents.... as im getting older i'm seeing my parents aren't as young as they once where so i'm going to cherrish all the time i can with them.

My new years resolutions are nearly all done:
1 get a car - done
2 get a promotion - done
3 get a new job within the trust - being done
4 get someone fired - done, she's off this wednesday :)
5 sort out a holiday and get back into atleast a 2/4 pack before july - doing.

Well, they are a temp who has been brought into the team to be the “acting team leader” however from the first day she’s been standing on my toes constantly, choosing to make an enemy of me for no reason – probably because she didn’t like the idea of someone much younger than herself with a better job. Either way she tried to get her hooks into my workload but I wouldn’t let her have anything to do with the training… so she bypassed the manager and went directly to HR spouting complaints about me and my working patterns (I have a measure of flexibility in start times because unlike the rest of the department i do not answer to the manager of the department, i answer directly to HR but regardless of the time I start I always put my 7.5 hours in each day, she tried her hardest to get me fired, by the time I picked up on what she was doing I was already being spoken to by HR regarding my job and work that she claimed was not kept upto date….

I told HR exactly whats been going on, she’s been coming in later and later but still leaving at 16:30 – fraudulent claims on her timesheets (that she gets a co-worker to complete for her so she can’t be caught on it – however she didn’t pay attention to her own workload and has been creating a lot of problems, sending out letters without clarification that it was ok to do so, to which point a person has actually gone to the courts under the discrimination act, affecting the whole department for her incompetence, I also brought up more of the faults she’s been creating to the attention of HR and the rest, as they say, is history. She’s being fired for fraudulent claims and not being able to fulfil expectations of the role.

Expecting masses of tears today, she’ll probably be on the mobile to her daughter as usual for 2 hours each day.

I don’t understand why people who live in glass houses even try to throw a stone at others, its never paid off once in the history of the world so why would it start now? All accusations of my workload where investigated and proven to be wrong, she had created a spreadsheet of her own and whilst mine is updated everyday she wasn't keeping a record of the changes so when she came to run reports from her spreadsheet it was so far out of date that she only ended up putting herself into further trouble.

As a caseload:
Fraudulent claims
spends hours each day on the personal mobile and expecting co-workers to pick up her work phone
racist comments in the workplace
slander and mocking of staff attending my training dates
sending out letters without authorisation, to deny staff members trying to join the trust
unapproachable and unprofessional conduct in the workplace
swearing during calls to the general public - affecting the departments image to the general public.
Not working to standard for the banding expectations

Tachi said:
Well, they are a temp who has been brought into the team to be the “acting team leader” however from the first day she’s been standing on my toes constantly, choosing to make an enemy of me for no reason – probably because she didn’t like the idea of someone much younger than herself with a better job. Either way she tried to get her hooks into my workload but I wouldn’t let her have anything to do with the training… so she bypassed the manager and went directly to HR spouting complaints about me and my working patterns (I have a measure of flexibility in start times because unlike the rest of the department i do not answer to the manager of the department, i answer directly to HR but regardless of the time I start I always put my 7.5 hours in each day, she tried her hardest to get me fired, by the time I picked up on what she was doing I was already being spoken to by HR regarding my job and work that she claimed was not kept upto date….

I told HR exactly whats been going on, she’s been coming in later and later but still leaving at 16:30 – fraudulent claims on her timesheets (that she gets a co-worker to complete for her so she can’t be caught on it – however she didn’t pay attention to her own workload and has been creating a lot of problems, sending out letters without clarification that it was ok to do so, to which point a person has actually gone to the courts under the discrimination act, affecting the whole department for her incompetence, I also brought up more of the faults she’s been creating to the attention of HR and the rest, as they say, is history. She’s being fired for fraudulent claims and not being able to fulfil expectations of the role.

Expecting masses of tears today, she’ll probably be on the mobile to her daughter as usual for 2 hours each day.

I don’t understand why people who live in glass houses even try to throw a stone at others, its never paid off once in the history of the world so why would it start now? All accusations of my workload where investigated and proven to be wrong, she had created a spreadsheet of her own and whilst mine is updated everyday she wasn't keeping a record of the changes so when she came to run reports from her spreadsheet it was so far out of date that she only ended up putting herself into further trouble.

As a caseload:
Fraudulent claims
spends hours each day on the personal mobile and expecting co-workers to pick up her work phone
racist comments in the workplace
slander and mocking of staff attending my training dates
sending out letters without authorisation, to deny staff members trying to join the trust
unapproachable and unprofessional conduct in the workplace
swearing during calls to the general public - affecting the departments image to the general public.
Not working to standard for the banding expectations

Ah that makes sense then. I wish i had a real job so i could have fun times like this but instead i look after 5 year olds screaming and crapping everwhere for £20 an hour on weekends :roll:

Hey don't knock that £20 an hour. Its better than a care worker that has to clean old people's backsides for £13 an hour (thats with unsocial hours and weekend scales)

Aye, I wouldnt complain at £20, I've been working hard for 3.5 years at my current company, going above and beyond at times, and I'm on 18k P/A, even with unsociable hours and weekend work.
Hoping to get a better paid job this year!

If you do 7.5 hours Sat/Sun at £20 per hour, you're probably earning more than a lot of younger people do, especially with companies cutting wages and near starters incomes wherever possible recently.

Besides, from my point of view, the 'fun' of office politics...really isn't that much fun at all.

alexrose1uk said:
Besides, from my point of view, the 'fun' of office politics...really isn't that much fun at all.

This, sums it up very well. Working in an office is pretty much boring and most of the time your doing everything possible to make sure that your backside is covered, seemingly there always appears to be atleast 1 person who actively tries to point out other peoples faults or mistakes.

Due to this, i tend to make sure that my workload is documented in my calendar at all times, with enough work done to cover myself should anyone ask what i've done with my time, working hard to get ahead then taking time to visit the forums.

I'm aiming to get out of here and at a higher payrate within the next few weeks, have applied for a job at £17.61 an hour, hopefully i'll be able to get out of here before march. but again i'll be in an office and not out and about like a social worker so either way i'll be in the same situation but hopefully less old people who are out to get rid of younger people.

lol, working with kids is great! Only work I've ever done where I've actually looked forward to going to work the next morning. And it's great to see how the children grow and develop. But yeah, if you don't like kids, the days will seem loooooooong, lol.

Get Married and have kids.
Do something so that I wont be forgotten (any scale will do). I.e. Sculpture, act of kindness, etc.
Visit Japan and Tibet.
Have my own studio to work in.

alexrose1uk said:
if I happen to meet a nice other half along the way then awesome.

I am suddenly starting to have more confidence in this...you don't often find short, thin, cute, dark-haired girls who also happen to like video games, wide range of music and anime...and by sheer luck I seem to have found one :D
I'm not gonna post a picture because A) That's mean B) She'd kill me if she finds out :lol:

Wow. I actually felt a slight twang of disappointment that alex didn't post a pic.....that's how I know I've been single for waaaay too long..

Seriously though, don't do it, because a) it's not right b) It would just be putting the rest of us singletons through unnecessary pain.

pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

vashdaman said:
Seriously though, don't do it, because a) it's not right b) It would just be putting the rest of us singletons through unnecessary pain.

Lol I could post a picture, but no doubt this being the internet, no one would believe me anyway :D

Girls...on the internet?? :D

Back