What anime would you love to see remade?

Lutga

Mad Scientist
Kinda what it says on the tin - if you could pick an older show that you'd love to see remade all glossy and new by a different studio perhaps, and brought bang up to date, which show and which studio would you pick? Fire away!

Tsukihime - Ufotable

Well this one is just a no brainer. If they don't do this after finishing their current Fate projects, I'd be gobsmacked. Just imagine it properly done justice this time.

xxxHolic - Shaft

If ever an anime adaption did a disjustice to the original manga, it'd be this. I feel Shaft would be a natural fit for this, as it's pretty talky and focuses so much on lovely static pieces where you just soak up the visuals. And you just know Yuko would have the trademark head tilt down to a T.

Violence Jack - Studio Trigger

Just for the laughs. I think Trigger would go in with the right sense of humour and bombast to reboot the tackiest of classic OVAs into the modern era and salvage what made made the original so-bad-it's-good.

I'd love to see a new Berserk series that covers the entire manga. As much as I love the OG series, the ending was such a bummer and I really want to know what happens next and I'm not a massive manga reader. I haven't seen the movies but as far as I'm aware it covers the same arc as the series so I'd love to see an animated continuation. Not sure about a studio, perhaps Studio Bones.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'd love to see a new Berserk series that covers the entire manga. As much as I love the OG series, the ending was such a bummer and I really want to know what happens next and I'm not a massive manga reader. I haven't seen the movies but as far as I'm aware it covers the same arc as the series so I'd love to see an animated continuation. Not sure about a studio, perhaps Studio Bones.

Ahh, you really should see the movies - though they're flawed in quite a few ways, the visuals are such a big step up from the original series. I'd even go as far to say that the third movie is close to being a masterpiece - albeit a very flawed, messed up one. But yeah, it's frustrating it just re-treads the same ground covered in the TV show.

While I cannot say I'm not intrigued by your pitch for a Shaft version, I really liked the xxxHolic anime. If it was remade I hope they'd at least keep the voice cast the way it was!

Sengoku Basara Judge End - Production I.G.

The new studio did their best but it was a pale shadow of the earlier adaptation. I need those classic over-the-top action sequences back.

Slayers - ???

While I don't have a solid idea in mind for this, it would be awesome to get a series which combined the sheer fun of the Slayers NEXT era with some modern production values. The more recent adaptations lacked that 'spark' for me - is there a team out there who can restore it?

Shout outs to all of the unfinished epics like Twelve Kingdoms and Guin Saga too. I'd kill to see continuations of those in anime form, though the original teams were perfectly fine.

R

I don't know what studio, so I'll say one of the better ones for all :p

Martian Successor Nadesico
One of the first ten shows I ever saw and my first space Anime. Holds a special place in my heart, would love to see a remake. you get to burning~

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
I would kill for a remake.

Tokyo Ghoul
I've read some of the Manga and the adaption is real weak compared. Which is a shame.

Lutga said:
xxxHolic - Shaft

If ever an anime adaption did a disjustice to the original manga, it'd be this. I feel Shaft would be a natural fit for this, as it's pretty talky and focuses so much on lovely static pieces where you just soak up the visuals. And you just know Yuko would have the trademark head tilt down to a T.

I didn't know I wanted this till now. That would be incredible.

pretty much any manga that has an anime adaption done wrong like getting an anime original ending, or just ignoring the event sof the manga nd doing its own things or simply being left incomplete.

so of the top of my head Rave Master, GetBackers, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima, Rurouni Kenshin, Black Cat, Shaman King, Kekkaishi, Flame of Recca, Blue Exorcist, Rosario + Vampire and most recently Akame ga Kill all come to mind, thurs a lot more though like the current season has Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches which just crammed the first 15 or so chapters into the first 2 episodes and skipped lots of stuff, extremely disappointing.

After seeing what they've done to Sailor Moon with the new Crystal series, I'd stick to the original.

In all fairness, anime that are unfinished should have the chance to be remade but only if the budget is adequate and care is put into the animation.

Lutga said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Ahh, you really should see the movies - though they're flawed in quite a few ways, the visuals are such a big step up from the original series. I'd even go as far to say that the third movie is close to being a masterpiece - albeit a very flawed, messed up one. But yeah, it's frustrating it just re-treads the same ground covered in the TV show.

I've been meaning to, just other things keep taking priority when it comes to buying. That and the third film is still pretty pricey on Blu Ray. Will definitely try to buy them soon though.

Lutga said:
Tsukihime - Ufotable

Well this one is just a no brainer. If they don't do this after finishing their current Fate projects, I'd be gobsmacked. Just imagine it properly done justice this time.

xxxHolic - Shaft

Really good ideas. I actually liked the original anime in both these cases, but I certainly agree that remakes by those studios would be incredible to behold.

Clannad - Shaft
A controversial one as the original anime is already excellent, but I can't help but imagine that Clannad would be amazing in Shaft-o-vision.

Claymore - Studio Wit
The original was fairly good until the last few episodes which diverged from the source material (as is so often the case), so a remake would be great to see. Studio Wit would be the obvious choice I suppose. This won't happen of course, since the manga is now finished so there is nothing for the anime to advertise.

Garden of Sinners - Studio Deen
Only joking :p

As much as it's redundent at this point seeing as Persona 4 has already had 2 anime shows I would love for a Persona 4 adaptation that includes all of the story from P4 and P4G and goes in depths for all of the main character Social Links and a handful of side characters. Most of what makes P4's characters so great and memorable is the development they get not only throughout the game but throughout their social links which both P4 shows glossed over heavily. Make the show like 40+ episodes and just make it a great character piece as well as having a great mystery storyline. I wouldn't mind which studio as long as it's not A1 because JESUS CHRIST DOJIMA WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOUR FACE.

Dojima_mugshot_in_P4A.jpg

BanzaiJedi said:
Lutga said:
Tsukihime - Ufotable

xxxHolic - Shaft

Really good ideas. I actually liked the original anime in both these cases, but I certainly agree that remakes by those studios would be incredible to behold.

Clannad - Shaft
A controversial one as the original anime is already excellent, but I can't help but imagine that Clannad would be amazing in Shaft-o-vision.

Claymore - Studio Wit
The original was fairly good until the last few episodes which diverged from the source material (as is so often the case), so a remake would be great to see. Studio Wit would be the obvious choice I suppose. This won't happen of course, since the manga is now finished so there is nothing for the anime to advertise.

Garden of Sinners - Studio Deen
Only joking :p

Excellent shout on Claymore - Studio Wit would be perfect for it. I actually really enjoyed the original anime, but the ending was bollocks - there's so much more of the manga to adapt now too.

Elfen Lied could do with a new adaptation though I know many didn't like the original manga's ending. As for the studio, perhaps Madhouse to do it.

I second on a new Berserk anime series, though I would prefer it to be an OVA series so that it can keep the more controversial parts of the series that the TV would have to censor. Studio wise, rather tough question. I have no clue besides Madhouse once again but I would like to see Ufotable attempt it.

Oh, I would like to see another School Days adaptation. After playing the visual novel and hearing how poor the anime was I want to see at least an OVA series that would balance the romance and also add a violent ending to each one. Would be nice to see something like Makoto end up getting killed by a plane or something just because his girlfriend gave him plane tickets.

One I've always wondered about is Bleach - ie. a reboot from the start cutting out all the filler. I always loved the animation style used for the 13th OP theme and reckon it'd have been awesome to see the full series animated like that:

Last edited by a moderator:
Robotech....

I love this series but the animation has gotten so old and its sooo cheesy so a god update would serve this series well.

Seeing school days again wouldn't be a bad idea

NormanicGrav said:
I second on a new Berserk anime series, though I would prefer it to be an OVA series so that it can keep the more controversial parts of the series that the TV would have to censor. Studio wise, rather tough question. I have no clue besides Madhouse once again but I would like to see Ufotable attempt it.

I third that. As for studios. Anyone who would do it justice, so one of the big boys I guess.

Combining my love of both Clamp and Shaft again - I reckon Shaft could turn out a pretty interesting remake of Cardcaptor Sakura; considering their prowess on Madoka. Would be interesting to see what they'd do with a more 'straight up' magical girl show (not that CS doesn't go to dark places at times)

Hmmm, I second Tsukihime and Berserk.

A decent Negima remake would be totally epic, of the quality of the Ala Alba OVA's. Up until its trainwreck of an end of course...

If I had to go all out though... give me a remake of A Certain Magical Index with less rushing of the arcs to get all the Light Novels in faithfully, including the side stuff from the Railgun Manga as well as appropriate. And god damn get to the WW3 arc *smile* - failing that, just give me a season 3 already...

Rui said:
Shout outs to all of the unfinished epics like Twelve Kingdoms and Guin Saga too. I'd kill to see continuations of those in anime form, though the original teams were perfectly fine.
Picking up from this thread, I would rather see more Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu animated than see a remake of something else.

Back