We're moving back to AUKN today!

How do I turn off avatars on teh new software?
There's no way to do that in XenForo, sorry.

One thing I'll ask, though - are there any different colour schemes?
Not at present – we're currently using the default XenForo theme with some very minor tweaks, so we've not really got around to looking at styling options yet :)

Question 2 - is there any way to go down below the first page on the list of members?
@Swifty is right: the members list is disabled by default. I personally have no plans to re-enable it – IMO it's not really useful for anything beyond giving spambots and spammers an easy list of profiles to harvest. What you're looking at is the notable members page, rather than at the member list.

It seems those of us that used the temporary forum just had our passwords from there transferred over.
Correct. In any other circumstance, we'd have transferred all the passwords and there'd have been no need to reset them. However, the old forum database was compromised – we must assume (and we have very good reason to believe) that all passwords on the old forums were leaked. So it was a major security risk to allow those passwords to be used.

Oh god, everything is different, I can't deal with change!! o_O The site seems to be awfully white now, odd thing is I can't remember if it actually any whiter than the old site lol I'm sure I'll get used to it, and if not then well whatever, I'm sure I'll live without spending so much time on a forum anyway lol

On the plus side, I really like that we get alerts again when someone quotes you, I really missed that feature. I'm also a fan of the new posts feed on the right hand side.

Thanks to the guys n girls who worked on this, it's appreciated.

Good to see the place legit up and going again, I like what you've done with it, kudos!

Very happy to See my 900-odd post count back on board, onwards to 1000!

Snazzy, I picked the perfect time to return from my holidays. And I have my post count back so I look like the intimidating grizzled veteran I am once again. Neat.
For an inline spoiler, use the new [spoilerinline] tag: This is a spoiler!.
Unfortunately I can't seem to uncover these new inline spoilers using Safari on an iPad. I used to just tap the old ones to uncover them but now nothing happens. Since inline spoilers are one of my favourite things to use, it would be good if this could be fixed.

Unfortunately I can't seem to uncover these new inline spoilers using Safari on an iPad. I used to just tap the old ones to uncover them but now nothing happens. Since inline spoilers are one of my favourite things to use, it would be good if this could be fixed.
Yeah, I've noticed that. I'll try and get a fix in as soon as possible :)

Nice work folks, I always appreciate the effort you put in to allow me to ramble about anime and such here (maybe that's not specifically why you do it though).

For an inline spoiler, use the new [spoilerinline] tag: This is a spoiler!.
The inline spoiler tag doesn't seem to work for me at the moment, I just see what's written clearly without any need to unhide it. This is on Internet Explorer 11, which is the only thing I've tried so far.

The inline spoiler tag doesn't seem to work for me at the moment, I just see what's written clearly without any need to unhide it. This is on Internet Explorer 11, which is the only thing I've tried so far.
I develop on a Mac, so IE is the bane of my existence :p I'll get that sorted too, thanks for letting us know :)

Oh god, everything is different, I can't deal with change!! o_O The site seems to be awfully white now, odd thing is I can't remember if it actually any whiter than the old site lol I'm sure I'll get used to it, and if not then well whatever, I'm sure I'll live without spending so much time on a forum anyway lol

The main thing is that the post backgrounds were blue before whereas now they're basically white.

Hurrah! Well done everyone!

I mean, ARRRGH! NEW THINGS! I HATE THEM ALL!

But really, thanks, and awesome work!

Speaking about redirections, there seems to be a bit of a glitch in the redirection as using the backup forum link I have redirects me to the .net domain, but if I use my original forum link instead of still sending me to the .net domain variant I'm being redirected to forums.animeuk.news

That's something that might have to be looked into if there's only meant to be directed to one domain.

Speaking about redirections, there seems to be a bit of a glitch in the redirection as using the backup forum link I have redirects me to the .net domain, but if I use my original forum link instead of still sending me to the .net domain variant I'm being redirected to forums.animeuk.news

That's something that might have to be looked into if there's only meant to be directed to one domain.

So that we can nail down exactly where it's coming from, which exact link is it that's sending you to the wrong address?

(Probably my fault ;_; )

R

Been off for a while, really like the new look forum! Thanks for all the hard work!

Seconding the request for different colour schemes, black text on a white background can be pretty harsh to read. Maybe I should just mess with my monitor settings.

Looks like I won't be visiting at work then!
Obviously not ideal, but I guess a roundabout way to achieve that would be to disable all pictures through your browser.

-Very minor and not necessarily an issue but the review cross-posts don't seem to register as the original poster's.
-Seconding the whole theme thing, I've got f.lux enabled right now so it's less of an issue but the posts are a bit too black on bright white for my taste.

So this doesn't look like I'm just complaining I guess I'll add that the in line spoilers look really cool... Seriously. And that the multi-quoting by selecting feature is really nifty, because when I'm not busy shitposting I generally respond to multiple posts at once and/or break them down.

Back