Waterstones' 3 for 2 is back on (I think)

I went in WHSmiths and Waterstones today looking for manga and couldn't find anything,
I looked through all the shelves of books and magazines, i was rather disappointed.

The 3-2 offers on in the Waterstones in the South as well.
The only downside to that is I've just gone and spent waaaaay to much money on manga.

Okay I've found a loophole :D (always a great thing) but for all that are dissapointed that their local store has a lack of manga they want. i've found out that it is possible to order specific copies of manga that you want and as you ordered them in the 3 for 2 time period. then even if your manga arrives after the sale finishes, the 3 for 2 offer will still apply ^^

Thanks for the info chaz! went down to the preston store yesterday and picked up some volumes i've been searching for ^_^.And as a note of interest to people in the north west and near preston, i found out they are going to be doing tokyopop recon again in store this year!.

I've found that Boarders sometimes has similar offers on in store, dunno if it is on at the moment though. :(

Tachi- said:
Okay I've found a loophole :D (always a great thing) but for all that are dissapointed that their local store has a lack of manga they want. i've found out that it is possible to order specific copies of manga that you want and as you ordered them in the 3 for 2 time period. then even if your manga arrives after the sale finishes, the 3 for 2 offer will still apply ^^

Can I order them in store?!?!?!

got me several odd ones:
naruto 3, 10~14
bleach 3,6,9,10
death note 1 & 2
Need to fill the blanks :)

evangelion rocks said:
Thanks for the info chaz! went down to the preston store yesterday and picked up some volumes i've been searching for ^_^.And as a note of interest to people in the north west and near preston, i found out they are going to be doing tokyopop recon again in store this year!.

what's tokyopop recon???

chaos said:
Can I order them in store?!?!?!

got me several odd ones:
naruto 3, 10~14
bleach 3,6,9,10
death note 1 & 2
Need to fill the blanks :)

Yes all you need to do is ask the person behind the desk to order you a copy (then you have to fill out a small reciept which will ask for a name and telephone number and address...you dont need to give your full name, initials are accepted and the address isnt necessary)

Just incase anyone is interested, the Waterstones in Newport is having a Tokyopop manga evening from 6.30 - 9.00 (ish. Maybe be 8.30 or 9.30, ive forgot).
It says theres gonna be prizes, competitions, cosplaying, Quizes and Giveaways
Im definatly going, so if anyone there wants to meet up im more than happy too :)

EDIT: Here's what it says on the leaflet.

Here's the info straight off the leaflet:

Manga Evening

Thursday 1st May at 6/30-8.30 pm

Join us for a repeat of our successful Manga event with Tokyopop. There will be giveaways, prizes, competitions and quizzes throughout the evening

Tickets £1, redeemable against purchase of Manga on the evening

Dress as your favorite Manga character - prizes for cos-players. Bring your Manga art work and enter the art competition.

Tel: 01633 223977

Anyone interested??

I remember the recon i went to,it was so great!There were loads of competitions and prizes and a raffle(which i won a trinity blood dvd on^_^)and all manga was 3 for 2.I also entered my picture of rin from fate stay night in the art competition.I really can't wait for the preston one to be confirmed.

Well its back at the waterstones near me as my bro brought me 3 manga on my b-day. Well gna go today to see if they have the next 3 vol of death note and witchblade and GTO

Spyro201 said:
Can anyone out of interest name me a good Tokyopop series??

I have been buying a few Tokyopop titles but the only Japanese manga in there I acutally enjoy are Rozen Maiden, Vampire Doll - Guilt-Na-Zan and King of Thorn. I have heard good things about Bus Gamer, though I have not tried it myself.

If you want to try some manhwa titles sold as manga you could try Archlord or The Tarot Cafe as I have enjoyed both of these so far.

Back