Warning: Crunchyroll Infected By Malware

So what did everyone watch instead while CR was down. I stuck a Blu-ray on and made it through three episodes of Panty & Stocking, a show I really have to be in the mood for.

I just played video games and read manga, as I do most Saturdays as my Saturday shows don't air until evening. :3

Really glad to see CR have gotten everything sorted and that it didn't affect account information. Mine is on a separate email to usual and doesn't have my card attached, but I'd still hate to see someone get a hold of the info. >_>

And that, ladies and gents, is another reason why I'll never stream my anime.

Truly hope none of you lovely AUKNers were affected by this. Cleaning up after malware is an enormous pain. Can we get a death penalty for hackers, already?

And that, ladies and gents, is another reason why I'll never stream my anime.

Truly hope none of you lovely AUKNers were affected by this. Cleaning up after malware is an enormous pain. Can we get a death penalty for hackers, already?

To be fair, this could happen to any site... I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of sites could be vulnerable to a DNS hijack. No matter how secure their servers are there must be a back door somewhere.

The only thing that made this recent CR event dangerous was actually installing the program that was downloaded. But to be fair if a site immediately started a download as soon as I entered, my initial reaction would be to GTFA from the site and find out what exactly it was.

Even if it was legit I would still be on to Customer Support with a fairly long "WTF are you doing you utter idiots" because forcing a browser to download something the end user has no idea what it is, is an utterly stupid thing to do

Back