VIZ Media Clamping Down On Death Note Fan Subbers

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Recently VIZ Media have locked down the Death Note fansubbers leaving the fans hanging for the last two episodes before the series' finale.

They're is almost no doubt that another group will take it under its belt for the last two episodes now that all the current groups are deciding to drop it.

They just better not fart around with getting the DVD releases out. I'm hoping for boxsets with chunks of the series rather than 3 or 4 episodes a disk.

I've always been interested in Viz's tactics when it comes to fansubs. Out of all the companies, they seem to be the one really trying to work with them rather than against - and again, this is interesting because they've very obviously waited until this point to block the fansubs and cause a lot of fans to be desperate to buy their releases, which shows they are clearly waiting and formulating tactics about how to deal with it in a logical manner. More power to them, I say.

If it is a marketing strategy (which it well could be considering the timing =) )I reckon swift releases would be the wisest final move. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

They've already released the first ten episodes as downloads on IGN, with two more per week to follow. So they're already doing that. The only catch is that the downloads are US only. Rumour is that the first R1 DVD is due in November.

naya_lulu said:
so no death note this week and next week??? now i'm depress
There will be, there just wont be the last episode of Death Note subbed, the cut off date is the 22nd the last episode is aired on the 26th (I think) in Japan.

Xelis said:
naya_lulu said:
There will be, there just wont be the last episode of Death Note subbed, the cut off date is the 22nd the last episode is aired on the 26th (I think) in Japan.

Personally; it is not entirely bad news for me, because i wanted to finish the manga first and the last tankobon comes out in July.

So. . . i am a bit in the middle of if i should watch if it gets subbed or just be good and wait it out.

Till The Day Comes. . .I Suppose.

Jayme said:
Xelis said:
naya_lulu said:

Personally; it is not entirely bad news for me, because i wanted to finish the manga first and the last tankobon comes out in July.

So. . . i am a bit in the middle of if i should watch if it gets subbed or just be good and wait it out.

Till The Day Comes. . .I Suppose.

good for you but not for some... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: is that also the reason why http://www.deathnote7.com/ is down????

It's all designed to prevent them from geting our dangerous UK Monies, for it is writian that if america ever gains our united kingdom pound stirling for the ability to watch translated animation from japan legaly that the great dark overlord Zardoz will rise from the earth and kill everyone who has at least one brittish pound stirling.

We must have UK anoyance, ZARDOZ DEMANDS IT!

Conan-san said:
It's all designed to prevent them from geting our dangerous UK Monies, for it is writian that if america ever gains our united kingdom pound stirling for the ability to watch translated animation from japan legaly that the great dark overlord Zardoz will rise from the earth and kill everyone who has at least one brittish pound stirling.

Scientologists Believe This.

Jayme said:
Conan-san said:

Scientologists Believe This.
Diffrence is, i'm not making a killing out of it.

Unlike the bbfc everytime they double dip when they rate anime...oh snape!

naya_lulu said:
Dani said:
Episode 36 is already subbed and mass released, I see.

Nothing changes. -_-6

yahoooooooooooooooo.... that made my day....^_^

YES YES, I bet everyone knows who the subbers are in disguise. xD.

*watches*

THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!

I think Mikami has wrote Light's name down

Sorry guys for being so Death Note Excited. I'll calm down eventually!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayme said:
YES YES, I bet everyone knows who the subbers are in disguise. xD.

*watches*

THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!

I think Mikami has wrote Light's name down

Sorry guys for being so Death Note Excited. I'll calm down eventually!

cant calm down myself... every second of that ep makes my heart beat so fast.... cant really wait for next week... i just love this show.... i'll just die if there's no sub of this show next week....

also NANA 43 is not yet released hmmm it makes me a sad... so i'll just watch Bleach now....^_^

Final episode:

Matsuda shoots Light
Light reveals himself as Kira
Mikami begs for forgiveness
Near reveals he did a double switch with the note
Nobody from the SPK or L's team dies
Light is killed after failing to get enough time to write people in the death note scrap bried in his watch
Ryuuk refuses to help Light instead decides his name down in his notebook (bye Kira!)
Kira's followers continue to hope and dream that he will return
Misa is forgotten about for no good reason

Back