Viceland TV anime block kicks off with Cowboy Bebop

P

Paul

Early TV schedules for the Sky TV channel Viceland (which are still subject to change) would suggest that their recently announced anime block will begin on 17th July at midnight with the first two episodes of Cowboy Bebop (which are then repeated from 3:20am). Airings will continue from this point on every night until Cowboy Bebop is finished and replaced by at least one of Tokyo Ghoul, Samurai Champloo or Eureka Seven.

Continue reading...

Oh. So it's not a block par-cé.

That's....a little disappointing and a bit of a bum note. Are people who want to watch Bebop really the sort inclined to Tokyo Ghoul and then Champloo and then E7?

Gotta have the Eva AND the Nadescio, ya-know? Didn't work work out well for SciFI when it was just Gasaraki.

Last edited:
Oh. So it's not a block par-cé.

That's....a little disappointing and a bit of a bum note. Are people who want to watch Bebop really the sort inclined to Tokyo Ghoul and then Champloo and then E7?

Gotta have the Eva AND the Nadescio, ya-know? Didn't work work out well for SciFI when it was just Gasaraki.
I did say something like this on earlier topics. It'll probably fizzle out and be kicked to the curb in favour of cheaper shows after a couple of months when what they have now is done on the same slot.

We'd only be sure that someone wants another anime boom in the UK when it's on when it has eyes on it and they show multiple shows in a block. Someone might have to home - make one though, I'd like to say I have ideas but I'm not really a guy whose anywhere near getting them made

It will probably convert a few people, like the old Sci-Fi airings of fairly terrible old titles helped me out when I was young and wanted more to watch. TV has been dead to me for over a decade but I don't see this as having any drawbacks; unlike Gasaraki, Bebop is fun and engaging.

R

And that's fine for Bebop but Tokyo Ghoull? That's not a what I'd use as a pillar for my japanese cartoon block.

Like it or not, Tokyo Ghoul is massively popular. AL's Limited Edition is (unless I'm mistaken) the fastest selling LE set they've ever put out, going Out of Print in just a few weeks, whereas other sets are still in print months or years after they come out. The fanbase is definitely there so it's kind of a no brainer, I think.

Yeah, Tokyo Ghoul could easily carry itself on a TV channel. I think Samurai Champloo could work too. Eureka Seven stands out as being a bit less capable of mainstream appeal, however beloved it is among existing fans.

R

Yeah, Tokyo Ghoul could easily carry itself on a TV channel. I think Samurai Champloo could work too. Eureka Seven stands out as being a bit less capable of mainstream appeal, however beloved it is among existing fans.

R

Eureka Seven feels like more of a risk to me, too. The other series are seinen-orientated, but Eureka Seven is definitely shonen. It's an odd choice.

Eureka Seven feels like more of a risk to me, too. The other series are seinen-orientated, but Eureka Seven is definitely shonen. It's an odd choice.

Don't worry, the opening song will get people hooked.

If it doesn't then there's something wrong with them.

Don't worry, the opening song will get people hooked.

If it doesn't then there's something wrong with them.
Will it include the full openings and endings? I believe Toonami air the OP once, and then skip it for all subsequent episodes. IIRC they don't air EDs at all.

Now TV showed me an advert for Cowboy Bebop last night. Thought it was pretty cool to see. Bebop is now a part of Now TV's catch up service.

Eureka Seven starts at 5 p.m. today with two episodes a day starting from today it seems. I didn't even know they were airing Eureka Seven so soon until I saw it while browsing through the Sky's TV guide.

It appears the episodes aired during the weekdays will be repeated on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 7:20 a.m.

I figured AllTheAnime would've announced some thing on their twitter about Eureka Seven airing today, but couldn't find anything. I'm happy to see they've began airing this during the day as opposed to their midnight schedule as I find there's some thing appealing about watching it as it airs on TV, that may sound a little silly, but also I'm not always able to be awake for the midnight showings of Cowboy Bebop.

Back