Username misspelled - can it be corrected?

Girls with Guns

Time-Traveller
I've been a member on here for almost four years, but have never noticed that I actually made a typo my Username - is it possible to have an admin change the "i" in "wIth" back to lowercase, without affecting my account at all? I guess my cataracts were already starting to affect me back then, that I never noticed it before, but I'm finally getting cataract surgery next month on both eyes, and then the error will be very noticeable to me, lol... Thanks very much if it is possible to fix this.

Does “your account > account details > username > change” not work? I’m presuming that’s how others have done it in the past.

Well gosh golly gee! I never knew of any forum that would allow you to change your own username, I was so used to an admin needing to do that for you. I do see it needs approved, but my change was just a simple typo, so I don't think it should be an issue, unless the admin is secretly in cohorts with @Neil.T, lol... :eek:

That's why I said it shouldn't be an issue unless the admin is in cohorts with you... I thought maybe you had them change my Username covertly.... :p

No, I just can't believe I went so many years without even noticing the typo. But seriously, I have had slowly deteriorating vision from cataracts for about 3 years, so I assume that is why I didn't notice the lack of the little dark space that would make the dot over the "i"

I finally have my surgeries next month on both eyes, a week apart - the second operation is just the day after my 60th birthday, so it will be an awesome birthday present for me to be able to see properly again, especially since I'm strictly a subtitle reader when it comes to watching anime.

Last edited:
Well, I still plan to wear glasses full-time, I'm so used to them that I would feel naked without them on. I also like the fact that they do help protect your eyes from flying foreign matter... I would still need to have reading glasses anyway for closer viewing, but I have no desire to be pulling glasses out of my pocket, putting them on and taking them back off all the time. My one friend has reading glasses and does that all the time when he's over visiting, and it drives me knutz... So even if my glasses are just plain glass on top with the progressive lens on the bottom, I'll be wearing them all the time.

The surgeries for my cataracts in early June went fine, my eyesight is better than 20/15 in both eyes now. as I mentioned before, I just have to wear reading glasses for anything closer than about 4 feet out, since the replacement lenses they put in only cover far vison. Everything is so sharp and clear, and colors much more vibrant, since the catarats really clouded my vision over the past three years - watching anime on the big projection screen in my theater room is now like watching it with HDR, it's so vivid looking. And subtitles are a breeze now, I'm a sub-only viewer and it was getting hard for me to even read subtitles before the operations.

But I really haven't been able to enjoy my new eyesight much, since within a few days after the surgeries I developed a bad case of Jaundice and that made my whole body itch wildly from the biliruben buildup, and even my eyes were all yellow and burning too. Turns out the cause of the Jaundice is a cancerous growth on my pancreas, which was blocking the bile duct from my liver. The doctors performed an endoscopy and put a stent in the duct to open it up, but I now have major pancreatic cancer surgery scheduled for two weeks from today, and I have to travel to a big hospital in Philadelphia for the operation, as it's too major to do at a hospital near me. So, I'll be down and out and off the forums here for at least a month or so, until I recover enough from that. Ugh.

The surgeries for my cataracts in early June went fine, my eyesight is better than 20/15 in both eyes now. as I mentioned before, I just have to wear reading glasses for anything closer than about 4 feet out, since the replacement lenses they put in only cover far vison. Everything is so sharp and clear, and colors much more vibrant, since the catarats really clouded my vision over the past three years - watching anime on the big projection screen in my theater room is now like watching it with HDR, it's so vivid looking. And subtitles are a breeze now, I'm a sub-only viewer and it was getting hard for me to even read subtitles before the operations.

But I really haven't been able to enjoy my new eyesight much, since within a few days after the surgeries I developed a bad case of Jaundice and that made my whole body itch wildly from the biliruben buildup, and even my eyes were all yellow and burning too. Turns out the cause of the Jaundice is a cancerous growth on my pancreas, which was blocking the bile duct from my liver. The doctors performed an endoscopy and put a stent in the duct to open it up, but I now have major pancreatic cancer surgery scheduled for two weeks from today, and I have to travel to a big hospital in Philadelphia for the operation, as it's too major to do at a hospital near me. So, I'll be down and out and off the forums here for at least a month or so, until I recover enough from that. Ugh.

I hope it goes well, GwG; I enjoy reading your posts and it's always good to have a US fan perspective on our far-flung forum. You deserve to get to spend some quality time in your home theater with your collection again soon so I hope those doctors take good care of you.

R

I'm trying to get in just a bit more anime before I go to the hospital on the 27th. The neighbor couple were over last night and we finished up the last 4 episodes of Stand My Heroes, that was a good police/mystery type anime with a few nice twists. Moving to the lighter side we plan to watch Restaurant to another World and Tokyo Marble Chocolate yet too before my surgery. I also have tickets with my best friend to see the Brit Floyd in concert in Hershey PA on the 24th, our one last hurrah before I get disemboweled, lol.

When I'm well enough after surgery the neighbors and I will start back in on the Fate series, UBW is the next Fate series in line for us to watch. But, by then it may be time for our Halloween Animefest instead, where my neighbors and I watch spooky anime during the Month of October. Definitely showing them Another this time around, and possibly Shiki or Ghost Hound. So fingers crossed I don't have any major complications from my surgery. 🤞

Last edited:
Back