Username misspelled - can it be corrected?

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I've been a member on here for almost four years, but have never noticed that I actually made a typo my Username - is it possible to have an admin change the "i" in "wIth" back to lowercase, without affecting my account at all? I guess my cataracts were already starting to affect me back then, that I never noticed it before, but I'm finally getting cataract surgery next month on both eyes, and then the error will be very noticeable to me, lol... Thanks very much if it is possible to fix this.

ayase

State Alchemist
Does “your account > account details > username > change” not work? I’m presuming that’s how others have done it in the past.

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Well gosh golly gee! I never knew of any forum that would allow you to change your own username, I was so used to an admin needing to do that for you. I do see it needs approved, but my change was just a simple typo, so I don't think it should be an issue, unless the admin is secretly in cohorts with @Neil.T, lol... :eek:

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
That's why I said it shouldn't be an issue unless the admin is in cohorts with you... I thought maybe you had them change my Username covertly.... :p

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
No, I just can't believe I went so many years without even noticing the typo. But seriously, I have had slowly deteriorating vision from cataracts for about 3 years, so I assume that is why I didn't notice the lack of the little dark space that would make the dot over the "i"

I finally have my surgeries next month on both eyes, a week apart - the second operation is just the day after my 60th birthday, so it will be an awesome birthday present for me to be able to see properly again, especially since I'm strictly a subtitle reader when it comes to watching anime.

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Well, I still plan to wear glasses full-time, I'm so used to them that I would feel naked without them on. I also like the fact that they do help protect your eyes from flying foreign matter... I would still need to have reading glasses anyway for closer viewing, but I have no desire to be pulling glasses out of my pocket, putting them on and taking them back off all the time. My one friend has reading glasses and does that all the time when he's over visiting, and it drives me knutz... So even if my glasses are just plain glass on top with the progressive lens on the bottom, I'll be wearing them all the time.