Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrclt1994 said:
robot monkey said:
Mrclt1994 said:
I hope this is the last Anime Limited steelbook - they are not aesthetically pleasing

They can be.

Not versus chipboard artboxes - in my opinion. Even the ones with textured/raised designs are inferior to proper artboxes imo.

I'm more a chipboard person than steel book but on joint projects sometimes France leads and it seems that style of box is pretty popular in Europe. Happy to always experiment on product and while I am happy with the results on their end, I always take into account general reactions as well when we decide future releases :).

AP

A lot of people on this forum are really down on steelbooks it seems. I'm no aficionado when it comes to them, I don't strive to collect them all but steelbooks can very well look amazing. On the other side this forum seems to value chipboard more than myself. I try to keep an open mind on the matter.

qaiz said:
A lot of people on this forum are really down on steelbooks it seems. I'm no aficionado when it comes to them, I don't strive to collect them all but steelbooks can very well look amazing. On the other side this forum seems to value chipboard more than myself. I try to keep an open mind on the matter.
I agree with you in that everyone seems down on steelbook, I don't wanna say I'm an aficionado either but i do like steelbooks and own all Manga's releases (even Bayonetta!) and all the Ghibli ones.
But allow me to share my opinion on steelPACKS if that's what this is.
They're absolute s#it!!
No nice way to say it. You can have the prettiest artwork in the world but end of the day they're an inferior ripoff of steelbooks and look terrible on the shelf. I say this having bought hitman & child's play off zavvi in steelpack form and both scratched within a day and one actually broke at the hinge! Needless to say zavvi don't sell many anymore.

qaiz said:

I like both. :)

The Elfen Lied steelbook is probably a decent example of how the Count one could look like. The gold steel effect works really well with it's artwork, so I'm looking forward to how this one will look. It's the lack of a title on the spine that is my only worry. (and easy scratches/dents)

Yeah I rather like the ELfen Lied steel, even though there is no spine title due to their nature. I'll most likely not store Gankutsuou with the rest of my AL titles and instead store them with the rest of my steels.

I actually think the Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo steel case looks amazing. Although I admittedly haven't seen the series.

I'm a big fan of steelbooks. I've bought (and also re-bought) things just because they were steelbooks.
Oddly, I think Voltron is the most impressive physically, since it is 3-dimensional. I must get around to watching it some day...

I've seen that Voltron steelbook at CEX a number of times. It does look incredible. The "collection one" title put me off, though. :(

Shiroi Hane said:
I'm a big fan of steelbooks. I've bought (and also re-bought) things just because they were steelbooks.
Oddly, I think Voltron is the most impressive physically, since it is 3-dimensional. I must get around to watching it some day...
The most unimpressive has to go to the first Rurouni Kenshin movie. There's minimalist design like the Ghostbusters steelbook, then there is this.
10859566-1389185156-593016.jpg

It is entirely blank, brushed steel except for the front and spine.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Oh god, they way the cut the character off at the bottom is awful. They could have at least moved it down to the bottom edge of the box.
Looks even worse irl.
12994451155_e6a36bd7cd_o.jpg

The second one is much better
20150410_190414.jpg

Then they crapped out on the third.
$_35.JPG

When the first Rurouni Kenshin set was released I was hoping they kept the white design as I really like it. But when I received my copy I was disappointed that it was just a plain set.

sniper_samurai said:
20150410_190414.jpg
Hehe I wonder where you got that image from. :lol: :wink:

Just an added bonus, I've compiled the other Warner Bros Japanese steelbooks (minus The Legend Ends) on one Imgur album for comparison.

Black Butler and Yurusarezaru Mono have the best designs imo.

NormanicGrav said:
When the first Rurouni Kenshin set was released I was hoping they kept the white design as I really like it. But when I received my copy I was disappointed that it was just a plain set.

sniper_samurai said:
20150410_190414.jpg
Hehe I wonder where you got that image from. :lol: :wink:

Just an added bonus, I've compiled the other Warner Bros Japanese steelbooks (minus The Legend Ends) on one Imgur album for comparison.

Black Butler and Yurusarezaru Mono have the best designs imo.

Yeah, haven't gotten the third one yet either. Kicking myself for not getting it on Amazon on Black Friday, they had it down to £9.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back