Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilmaestro said:
Bamboo Blade cover is kind of "obvious", but it will do.

Looks nice to me, proud to have a copy of that to be honest =)

would get d.gray man since it looks nice, but I can't tell if the series is going to continue or not, so it might seem to be a waste of money (and I really want it).

question: does anyone know if soul eater will be released in a box set or not, cause after parts manga usually release a boxed set a couple of months afterwards.

link2link8 said:
ilmaestro said:
Bamboo Blade cover is kind of "obvious", but it will do.

Looks nice to me, proud to have a copy of that to be honest =)

would get d.gray man since it looks nice, but I can't tell if the series is going to continue or not, so it might seem to be a waste of money (and I really want it).

question: does anyone know if soul eater will be released in a box set or not, cause after parts manga usually release a boxed set a couple of months afterwards.

I have heard nothing on the US side for Soul Eater so I don't know on the UK side. I am also waiting for a box set as I like the show enough to pay for a decent limited edition box set if the do one but I don't want to double dip with the half seasons.

Don't think I've seen this posted anywhere...
(click for 1632x2286 version)

A nice red cover, I guess they finally gave up on bleak white ones.

I asked them this on Twitter a month or two ago and i think i remember them saying it's coming out in 4 volumes first but a boxset afterwards is "likely". Besides, they did it for D. Gray Man, which is like the same number of episodes, so i should think they'd do it for Soul Eater as well.

Rogue257 said:

I asked them this on Twitter a month or two ago and i think i remember them saying it's coming out in 4 volumes first but a boxset afterwards is "likely". Besides, they did it for D. Gray Man, which is like the same number of episodes, so i should think they'd do it for Soul Eater as well.

D-Gray man is double the episodes. Soul Eater was about 50, D-Gray man hit about 103 i believe.

I think what they may do, is split it into two sets for Soul Eater, but i don't see it being cut to just one, unless you want to spend a pretty penny.

Do want.

16151489x.jpg

Should be 10-17. There's also an episode 12.5 which I imagine will be included on the second set.

I'm not sure whether I prefer Beez's or Aniplex's art design. While there's definitely something to be said for the minimalist black & white approach, the first US set looks great as well.

The US one just looks like they threw together some artwork and figured it all looks pretty good whatever happens, the UK one is a far, far better design.

91BUvp25tL_AA1500_.jpg

Pre-ordered already but it's a decent double pack cover art =] It could do with the blue banner along the bottom though imo.

Eh, I'll most likely be chucking the slipcover away. The cover art of both releases is gorgeous, though, and £18 for the two of them (HMV) is a stonkingly good price.

ilmaestro said:
I fall over myself for slip covers.

ROFL!!!

I'll watch Suma Wozu (?) if HMV are ever allowed to send it. For £11.99, on DVD, since I'm not in the hood and own TGWLTT.

I don't mind slip covers. The GitS SAC ones are annoying though as the discs don't fit in the tin with the slipcovers on so I have a stack of empty slipcovers.

The most pressing issue I have with the slipcover of this particular release is where on my shelf it goes. Under "G" or "S"? There's just no easy answer to this conundrum. So I'm binning it and saving myself the pain and suffering that will inevitably result.

fabricatedlunatic said:
The most pressing issue I have with the slipcover of this particular release is where on my shelf it goes. Under "G" or "S"? There's just no easy answer to this conundrum..

Spoken like a true collector lol. I know exactly how you feel. I myself take every blu-ray (barring multi case TV series like anime which are kept seperately) out of their slipcover as I prefer the nice uninterrupted line of blue, so the lettering won't matter in this case.

I keep the slips in storage though, part of my collectors mentality lol.

britguy said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
The most pressing issue I have with the slipcover of this particular release is where on my shelf it goes. Under "G" or "S"? There's just no easy answer to this conundrum..

Spoken like a true collector lol. I know exactly how you feel. I myself take every blu-ray (barring multi case TV series like anime which are kept seperately) out of their slipcover as I prefer the nice uninterrupted line of blue, so the lettering won't matter in this case.

I keep the slips in storage though, part of my collectors mentality lol.

Same. I don't like slipcover's flat spines compared to the more roundy dvd ones. Plus slip covers reduce the amount of stuff you can fit on a shelf.

18172149x.jpg

18172156x.jpg

Looking awesome IMHO.
But isn't Shippuden supposed to be episodes 1-53?

edit: Ah, ok, it works out like this..
US Box 4: Episodes 40-53 (14 eps)
US Box 5: Episodes 54-65 (12 eps)

UK & AU Box 4: Episodes 40-52 (13 eps)
UK & AU Box 5: Episodes 53-65 (13 eps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back