Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

by-the-grace-of-the-gods-season-1-tbc-blu-ray.jpg
dr-stone-season-1-12-blu-ray.jpg
log-horizon-destruction-of-the-round-table-season-3-tbc-blu-ray.jpg
my-hero-academia-season-four-15-blu-ray.jpg
robotech-part-3-the-macross-saga-tbc-blu-ray.jpg
sleepy-princess-in-the-demon-castle-complete-series-tbc-blu-ray.jpg
yu-yu-hakusho-season-4-tbc-blu-ray.jpg

Awesome, my #2 and #4 favorite Ghibli titles! Is there anywhere else I can order these from other than Amazon, that will ship to the US? Every Ghibli CE I get from Amazon arrives with creased outer boxes from being crushed, due to their crap packing in just a lame bubble bag.

Might get Nausicaa just because their original release don't come with the cardboard cover.
This looks more like a box though, but still looks like same thin cardboard?

Dang it... oh well, two more creased box sets for me, then... 😢

Even with the luxury of returning items, I’ve had to (re)return these sort of things so many times. Amazon packaging just doesn’t protect them.

I do sometimes feel a bit petty if I return them with cosmetic damage to the boxes, but I’ve had the same item turn up in completely different packaging sometimes. It’s just massive negligence.

The only thing I will say is that if you pre-order things from them, they will most likely be pristine as they‘ve had no time to be banged around the warehouses. Every release I’ve had from them (with the slipcovers) has been fine when I’ve done this, but it’s so frustrating that it still boils down to luck and guesswork.

Last edited:
Even with the luxury of returning items, I’ve had to (re)return these sort of things so many times. Amazon packaging just doesn’t protect them.

Well, I'm not overly concerned about the outside boxes themselves, as they are just thin cardboard with a flap on the spine, so they are not really that attractive anyway. As long as the digipak inside isn't damaged, It's ok, as that is specifically the only reason I am buying them for - I already have 4-5 different releases of every Ghibli movie in my collection, from the Japanese digipaks to the US Disney, GKids, Steelbook, and Miyazaki boxset releases. And, since I am in the US, I can't make returns to Amazon UK as easily as if I lived in the UK.

Back