Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious but what's the elephant butt logo?

PjdVaV4Q_400x400.jpg

Elephant butt with hemorrhoids. I made that observation way back in 2014, over on the Blu-ray.com forum, and have been referring to it as that ever since, lol.

I hope MVM dont forget the reversible covers without the logos for their monogatari releases (seeing as it has been so long)
It all depends on what's available. The Kizu, (I'm assuming) Second Season and upcoming sets were approved by Aniplex rather than being based on Hanabee's releases and didn't feature true reversible covers (i.e. featuring the title on the spine). Then again with those being collector's edition releases it may be the case that they'll do reversible covers for the upcoming standard releases.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to be acquiring this release anyway due to the old discs but after seeing this packaging approach, it's going to be an interesting outcome in terms of damage etc.
The release will be fine. The overwhelming majority of customers will have zero issues. One or two AUKN members will have an issue with their copy and will be hypercritical and vocal on social media so the US anti-Funimation crowd jump on the complaint train.

Reminds me of the US Funimation Darker than Black LE release, everyone hated the discs being in those cardboard slots. I frankensteined my Blu-ray discs from that set, along with the Blu-rays from the Season 2 standard release, into the Season 2 DVD LE chipboard box, so I didn't have to deal with those awkward disc slots.

Using years old discs just doesn’t make sense. Why would they do that at least AL explain their decisions new FUNi UK is just radio silence bar bad memes.
I won’t be buying it as it isn’t complete as the new US set has the shorts... so even by that choosing these discs makes zero sense...
At least Haruhi they can’t **** up as it’s FUNis discs and the only set of discs that exist. Shame about chronological order though. (RIP ALs S1)

For those wondering, this K-On! set packaging seems to be using a digi-file approach, with 2 discs per one part of the flap.

E3Y-OJqWEAItpL8

K-On_4.gif

I wasn't going to be acquiring this release anyway due to the old discs but after seeing this packaging approach, it's going to be an interesting outcome in terms of damage etc.
I'm just really happy we're getting that glorious artwork on the digipak, which I was very jealous of the Japanese release of, so I'm a very happy bunny heh. The two discs per flap is peculiar though, but for me those ridiculous amarays with multiple discs packed as a cylinder are far worse...

Back