Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
st_owly said:
I suspect MVM are not releasing Monogatari like that by choice. At least the UK release is affordable, especially compared to the Aniplex US one.

Indeed - and the fact they're pretty affordable makes it a lot more palatable.

It just scares me to see more and more US companies doing this as there's always the worry that if the UK's current release style becomes unsustainable financially, that the US model could start making inroads over here.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero - Part 1: Limited Edition
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [TBC]
Release Date: 10 April 2015

742617600012.jpg

SRP: $89.98 (~£59.61)

Contains episodes 1-4, plus a special character song CD, a 24-page deluxe booklet with character designs by Takahiro Sakai, and two collectible wall pin-up pictures illustrated by BUNBUN.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Closing (Special O.A. Version), TV Commercial Collection.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles, Spanish subtitles.

Just realised they're basically charging the same sort of amount you would pay for Japanese Volumes 1 and 2. No wonder it was higher than normal. *silly me*

English dub is apparently correct:
Hey guys, just to clarify something. Collectors Anime is actually me. The Right Stuf info is correct. I didn't have all of the details at the time, and that was a placeholder until I had the full info. It's updated now. Sorry for the confusion.

PERSONA 3 The Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream - Film: Collector's Edition (IMPORT)
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [ABC]
Release Date: 11 March 2015

Persona_3.jpg

SRP: $99.98 (~£66.24)

This collector's edition contains both the director's cut version and the original theatrical version, and includes newly illustrated cover art, an original soundtrack CD, a 48-page deluxe booklet (with an English translation booklet), 10 Super P3 stickers, and 3 key art illustration cards, all in an art box illustrated by character designer/animation director Keisuke Watabe.

Special Features: Audio Commentary, Trailers, Commercials.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

Since this is an Import, English subtitles will be included on the sets distributed through other retailers like Amazon JP.

Full version of the packaging for Persona 3 #2 is still TBA, but expect it to be similar to the first. If you still want to get Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Death there are copies still available on Amazon JP (6263 Yen (~£34.67) not including P&P and 20% VAT) and other Japanese retailers.

So not only are PonyCan redoing all of the discs for the US, they're even dubbing the magical girl title? Ok...

I'm frustrated they're putting all of this effort into titles I don't like; by the time they get to something interesting they'll have switched to DVD-only budget releases (if they're still in business in the US at all).

R

Elaniel said:
I'm tempted by Yuuki, but no idea how good it is. Any opinions if I'm a fan of Rayearth and Madoka Magica?

Yuuki is excellent - it takes some getting used to and the early episodes are quite slow, but its scope is impressive - and as many others have said, it's probably the only recent magical girl show that comes anywhere close to doing what Madoka managed to achieve. Basically, if you liked Madoka, you'll probably like this too. The design work is really pretty too - reminds me a lot of Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean in places. Oh, and it's got an incredible soundtrack too.

Don't recall posting the 3D view of the Funimation February/March titles so here they are:

Fairy_Tail_Part_15.jpg
Sankarea.jpg
Tokyo_Ravens_Part_1.jpg

Tokyo_Ravens_Part_1_LE.jpg
Unbreakable_Machine_Doll.jpg
Unbreakable_Machine_Doll_LE.jpg

The Funimation April line-up should be up sometime this week or at the very least Monday. Note that Space Dandy Season 1 (Standard, Limited Edition and Exclusive sets) has been pushed back to March 3rd.

Funimation April Line-Up:

.hack//Legend of the Twilight - Complete Series
Release Date: 7th April 2015
Format [Region]: DVD [1]

hack_Legend_of_the_Twilight.jpg

Black Butler - Complete Series [Season 1]: Anime Classics
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|B|1]

Black_Butler_Season_1_AC.jpg

D-Frag! - Complete Series: Standard & Limited Edition
Release Date: 28th April 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|B|1|2|4]

D_Frag_Standard.jpg
D_Frag_LE.jpg

Freezing Vibration - Complete Series [Season 2]: Standard & Limited Edition
Release Date: 21st April 2015

Freezing_Vibration_Standard.jpg
Freezing_Vibration_LE.jpg

Noir - Complete Series: Anime Classics
Release Date: 14th April 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A]

Noir_Blu_ray_AC.jpg

One Piece - Collection 12
Release Date: 21st April 2015

One_Piece_Collection_12.jpg

Durarara!! - Complete Series [Season 1]: Standard Edition
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A|B|C]

GMstF1U.jpg

Kill la Kill - Volume 5: Standard & Limited Edition
Release Date: 28th April 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|B|C|1], Blu-ray [A|B|C], DVD [1]

R55ipYF.jpg

Koimonogatari - Complete Arc: Standard Edition
Release Date: 24th February 2015

lwWhtYa.jpg

Nisekoi: False Love - Volume 3 [Season 1]: Standard Edition
Release Date: 31st March 2015

Nisekoi_3.jpg

Nisekoi: False Love - Volume 4 [Season 1]: Standard Edition
Release Date: 26th May 2015

Nisekoi_4.jpg

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Film: Standard & Limited Edition
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|B|C|1], Blu-ray [A|B|C], DVD [1]

g4fz6DG.jpg

It's confusing that the LE DRRR! lunchbox is making a return (not very 'LE'?) but I guess the sequel airing made it worthwhile. Just the Koimonogatari for me out of that enormous batch o_O

R

Rui said:
It's confusing that the LE DRRR! lunchbox is making a return (not very 'LE'?) but I guess the sequel airing made it worthwhile. Just the Koimonogatari for me out of that enormous batch o_O

R

The listing is an error, as far as I know it's pretty much a standard edition with all of the on-disc content and by guess without the lunchbox, not sure about the price point though (original set was $189.98, this release is $159.98).

Honestly I wasn't expecting Rebellion to get the OST but at least I played it safe by getting the Imports. I might get the Dub version since I quite liked the Madoka English dub (it's flawed but doable in my standards).

NormanicGrav said:
The listing is an error, as far as I know it's pretty much a standard edition with all of the on-disc content and by guess without the lunchbox, not sure about the price point though (original set was $189.98, this release is $159.98).

Honestly I wasn't expecting Rebellion to get the OST but at least I played it safe by getting the Imports. I might get the Dub version since I quite liked the Madoka English dub (it's flawed but doable in my standards).

Ah, if the listing title is wrong that makes slightly more sense. I'm happy with my Rebellion import. Aniplex need to start putting out more stuff I'm interested in (on the correct format) or I'll stray and start spending my money on weird things instead!

R

(Every time I scroll up I seem to land on that One Piece set with Spandam on the cover. I hate Spandam.)

Oh man, I'd buy a Blu-Ray set of Noir in a heartbeat - even now, it looks visually stunning, it's hard to believe it came out in 2001. The soundtrack (Yuki Kajiura) is absolutely stunning too.

Place to Place - Complete Collection
Release Date: 24th March 2015
Language: Japanese

Place_to_Place_1.jpg
Place_to_Place_2.jpg

Student Council's Discretion: Complete Collection
Release Date: 24th March 2015
Language: Japanese

Student_Council_Discretion_1.jpg
Student_Council_Discretion_2.jpg

Lutga said:
Oh man, I'd buy a Blu-Ray set of Noir in a heartbeat - even now, it looks visually stunning, it's hard to believe it came out in 2001. The soundtrack (Yuki Kajiura) is absolutely stunning too.

It's funny tbh, just a few days ago I was thinking on what old stuff I'd buy if I could get a BD upgrade, Noir is definitely near the top of that list but I'd kinda assumed that it would never actually happen.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Release Date: 27th January 2015
Language: English & Japanese

Jin_Roh_1.jpg
Jin_Roh_2.jpg

Ben-To - Complete Series [Limited Edition]
Release Date: 3rd February 2015

Ben_To.jpg

One Piece - Collection 11
Release Date: 3rd February 2015

One_Piece_Collection_11.jpg

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! - Complete Collection [Limited Edition]
Release Date: 25th February 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|1]

10930130_10152860507992745_7393110730155508767_o.jpg

Dat Chunibyo(u). There's a pending charge on my card that looks suspiciously like it could be from TRSI for my copy. One week in transit + two weeks languishing in the Royal Mail's "system" = MINE.

That blood splatter on the Ninja Scroll cover does not work at all for me.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dat Chunibyo(u). There's a pending charge on my card that looks suspiciously like it could be from TRSI for my copy. One week in transit + two weeks languishing in the Royal Mail's "system" = MINE.
UP1 states "Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days", so yes, TRSI are most likely shipping already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back