Textless Opening and Ending
Web Previews

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|1]
Release Date: 17th February 2015

TTOPK_2.jpg
TTOPK_3.jpg

DETAILS
Original Japanaese language (Blu-ray: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)
English dub (Blu-ray: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)
French dub (Blu-ray: DTS 5.1, DVD: Dolby Digital 5.1)

SPECIAL FEATURES
Announcement of the Completion of the Film
Japanese Trailers and TV Spots
US Trailers
Isao Takahata and His Tale of The Princess Kaguya (DVD only)

The Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons - Complete Collection
Format [Region]: Blu-ray & DVD [A & 1]
Release Date: 10 March 2015

TFOZ2_1.jpg
TFOZ2_2.jpg

DETAILS
1080p High Definition
Original Japanese language

SPECIAL FEATURES
None

The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - Complete Collection
Format [Region]: Blu-ray & DVD [A & 1]
Release Date: 10 March 2015

TWGOK3_1.jpg
TWGOK3_2.jpg

DETAILS
1080p High Definition
English dub

SPECIAL FEATURES
Clean Opening & Closing
Sentai Trailers

Thank god Sentai actually went with a decent cover for Zero rather than the preliminary fanservicey ******** one. I didn't realise it's a single disc release so I'm unlikely to buy it now though.

I've noticed there's a lack of clean opening & closing added to certain Sentai releases, I'm quite concerned about that.

Perhaps.

One Piece - Collection: Box One (Amazon Exclusive)
Format [Region]: DVD [1]
Release Date: 06 January 2015

One_Piece_Collection_Box_1.jpg

One_Piece_Collection_Box_2.jpg
One_Piece_Collection_Box_3.jpg

DETAILS
English Dub
Uncut and Uncensored (just like all of Funimation's One Piece sets)

SPECIAL FEATURES
Collections 1 to 4 with slipcovers
Collection Box Exclusive: Box to place the four collections
Collection Box Exclusive: 4 Artcards
Collection Box Exclusive: Luffy Wanted Poster
Collection Box Exclusive: 3 Stickers
All on-disc extras from Collections 1 to 4 such as Episode Commentaries and Textless Songs

Images courtesy of Amazon customer Dilion.

Joshawott said:
So, I see Sentai aren't bothering to get the Tenri OVAs.

It seems to be a miracle we get any OVA's these days :(

If they did have them I'd wager it'd be a standalone release in any event.

And I'm not bothering to buy that season without the OAVs, so the ball's in their court :D

For standalone OAVs it's understandable to skip them, but not episodes which matter to the plot of the rest.

R

Denki-Gai - Box 1
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [TBA] and DVD [1], DVD version is shown below.
Release Date: 10 April 2015

obbwOvd.jpg

Main cover is from Volume 1. Disc artwork are from Volumes 1 and 2, suggests there will be three parts with 4 episodes each. It's confirmed by TRSI that these will be priced around the same level as Aniplex.

The Japanese Blu-ray Volume 1 included a Drama CD, B3 size poster, and Textless Opening and Endings. Volume 2 included a Drama CD and B3 size poster.

More details on that Denki-gai set:

DENKI-GAI Collectors' Edition 1 (Blu-ray, DVD & CD Combo Set)
Release Date: 04/10/15

SRP: $89.98
Store Price: $71.98

SPECIAL SURPRISE GIFT for all customers who order by February 28th 2015

Disc Spec
Spoken Languages: Japanese
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: Episodes 1-4
Number of Discs: 3 Discs
(1 BD + 1 DVD + 1 CD)
Total Run Time: approx. 100 min.
Rating: 15 UP

Bonus Contents
Combo Box Set including Blu-ray, DVD and Special Character Song CD“DENKI SONGS1” performed by Hiotan , Kameko , G-men , Umio (includes Karaoke)
Textless Opening (Special O.A. Version)
Textless Ending (Special O.A. Version)
TV Commercial Collections

EXCLUSIVE BONUS MATERIALS & SPECIAL PACKAGE
Exclusive Mega Tall size “DODEKA” Disc Case
Double-sided cover illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION
Deluxe 24-page Booklet ”Umanohone Magazine 1&2”
2 Collectible Wall Pin-up Pictures illustrated by Asato Mizu(Original Story)
Double-sided Poster illustrated by SIN-EI ANIMATION
Exclusive “PONYCAN US” Plastic Slipcase

I think it's a pretty nice release but it's only going to interest hardcore fans of the show and absolutely nobody else - Denki-gai is no Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Since I don't like PonyCan USA's first anime selection I guess I'll start saving up for the inevitable summer release of the magical high school boys...

Before anyone gets out their pitchforks and declares this the end of anime as we know it, I'd like to remind them that this is a super-quick premium release. There is no chance it would have been released this year if anyone else had licensed it anyway, so it only makes sense to compare a normal US anime release to a future box set, not to the premium singles nobody is forcing anyone to buy.

It's kinda cool to have Spanish subs on there too.

R

bd01.png

EXCLUSIVE BONUS MATERIALS & SPECIAL PACKAGE
Exclusive Mega Tall size “DODEKA” Disc Case

Why is that listed under the Bonus/Special section?
It looks like a bigger version of those super slim DVD cases. Actually it looks to be the same size as NISA's big oversized boxes. I don't want a big case OR a DVD case, and honestly that's enough to dissuade me from buying a release nowadays since I just don't have the space for anything like that anymore. I knew the products would be expensive since they were going for an Aniplex style release, but this is more expensive than Aniplex's individual 4/5 episode volumes and It doesn't even look anywhere near as nice IMO.

What a complete insane price!

4 episodes.

100 minutes.

Some extras.

Cost over 70$

Pony Canayon won't get me as there customer.

To be honest, some recent NIS America releases have been better than recent Aniplex USA ones in terms of quality. I'm legitimately disappointed by the contents and presentation of the Valvrave sets given their price (they don't feel very 'premium' compared to earlier efforts), and at least NISA try to get BD for all their shows these days...

I wish PonyCan was experimenting with better shows, though. They're not going to get very much useful data by selling niche titles to such niche customers.

R

Rui said:
To be honest, some recent NIS America releases have been better than recent Aniplex USA ones in terms of quality. I'm legitimately disappointed by the contents and presentation of the Valvrave sets given their price (they don't feel very 'premium' compared to earlier efforts), and at least NISA try to get BD for all their shows these days...
I suppose the reason for Valvrave's lack of content is down to the fact that the sets are standard editions. Yes it's pretty bad that there's not much in the way of physical extras given the price, but they're not marketing the set as a LE - same with Nisekoi.
The first three Standard BD Kill La Kill sets (First half of the series) cost the same amount as the Valvrave set. Aniplex still releasing DVD titles is a major pain in the ass though, considering I pretty much only buy their sets for the Japanese grade Video and Audio Quality.
It's far superior than any western distributor in AU/US/UK.

Rui said:
I wish PonyCan was experimenting with better shows, though. They're not going to get very much useful data by selling niche titles to such niche customers.

R
Agreed. I have a bad feeling that someone is going to look at the sales figures for these two shows and pull the plug on the entire US operation.

Stuff like this makes me thankful again and again that the UK market is the way that it is - MVM's Monogatari releases aside, the sheer idea that we would go back to a model of buying 4 ep singles just makes the mind boggle.

I suspect MVM are not releasing Monogatari like that by choice. At least the UK release is affordable, especially compared to the Aniplex US one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back