Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

So theoretically if they do Geo lock it the same way Sentai do it'll most likely work on any English language PS3 or PS4... kinda pushing AL to get their release out asap aren't they!
Sentai's BDs seemingly check just to make sure the player's country isn't set to Japan. Aniplex's set up for Demon Slayer specifically checks to make sure the country code is US, Canada or Mexico. I have Aniplex's LE Set 1 and it plays on my PS4 fine, but on Xbox you will need to change the country to US before it will play back. Like Sentai's discs there is no traditional region coding.

Obviously though, potential buyer beware as despite all signs pointing that they will be, we don't know if the Funimation discs will be the same at this point. It will be relatively amusing if the discs are the same though, as you could import better quality discs for around the same price as the local release here, months beforehand.

Last edited:
Paranoia Agent Blu-ray October 13, Best Buy Exclusive steelbook version (US):

6405130_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

To bad the JP version doesn't seem to be one of those few Japanese releases which include English subs. Would've been an instant import otherwise, if only to have that box in the shelf.

To bad the JP version doesn't seem to be one of those few Japanese releases which include English subs. Would've been an instant import otherwise, if only to have that box in the shelf.

That's a pity, I might have been tempted as well if that was the case, but I can wait for MVM's release I guess.

I'm importing it since I have the JP S1 sets

Yeah, saw those S1 sets just some days ago. Gorgeous as they are, I can see why you'd want consistency.

That's a pity, I might have been tempted as well if that was the case, but I can wait for MVM's release I guess.

Yeah, but as much as I like supporting UK / Aus releases, there is that nice feeling of injecting cash directly into the anime industry when importing from Japan. Would've been nice to do that here.

Also, the MVM's release is far off into the future. Would've preferred watching it now in September/October, but hey, "Patience is a Virtue" or something... 😅

Back