Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

^^ No English, though. I already own the 4 JP releases which are not English-friendly either; the 4 sets inside this KR release are pretty much identical. I don't need a wax stamp or an oversized storage box that doesn't fit on a media shelf. The art book would be nice, but that won't be in English either. Oh well, I'm really looking forward to seeing a UK release, please have a CE with chipboard and digipak, or even a UE. Either one or Both - Instant Buys for me, as this is now my all-time favorite anime!

Last edited:
If this box is the same size as Hyouka's it's definitely space eating, a storage nightmare and make those AL's UE sized releases look completely harmless. (Well, except for the FMA Gate perhaps, which can kill people.)
At least the BD party themselves can be taken out and stored normally.

Will wait for AL's too, because I liked the English dub best. Seems like the book is also just a collection of the Japanese booklets and not so much of an artbook. (Korean Hyouka had two books. Even if the second one was half a fraud with half of it being just screenshots.)

Whoever is even most usually getting the licenses of Netflix aired shows in the US?
Even if it were an LE by Funi I kind of doubt, that that LE would include all of those booklets and artcards though. The German one even cut down on those. (Less pages of the booklets, less artcards) and is otherwise pretty identical to the Japanese single volumes. (The price is somewhat close, too.)

Whoever is even most usually getting the licenses of Netflix aired shows in the US?
Even if it were an LE by Funi I kind of doubt, that that LE would include all of those booklets and artcards though. The German one even cut down on those. (Less pages of the booklets, less artcards) and is otherwise pretty identical to the Japanese single volumes. (The price is somewhat close, too.)

It's pretty random with who put's out the Blu-ray releases from Netflix Original series... Sidonia and Ajin were Sentai releases, Fate/Apocyrpha is AoA, Kuromukuro is PonyCanyon USA, Kakegurui I'm not sure if announced yet, and I don't think any more have been released yet in the US:

Netflix Original Anime

The Ancient Magus Bride (Funimation title distributed by Madman)
275364-L-HI.jpg
275366-L-HI.jpg
Time to import the Funimation US release since Madman clearly thinks that printing the logos on the box and therefore making the title smaller than the logo is better than printing an additional piece of paper to wrap around the box.

The way they've just added a green rectangle that cuts off all the gold embroidery to shove the logos on, makes me think it might actually be a removable o card. Either that or its just an ugly lazy hack job. 😒

The way they've just added a green rectangle that cuts off all the gold embroidery to shove the logos on, makes me think it might actually be a removable o card. Either that or its just an ugly lazy hack job. 😒
I didn't think about it being an o card. Now I'm more hopeful about it, since Madman does do smaller sized o cards.

Back