Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

I genuinely thought that rabbit thing was covering it's boobs on the right hand pic of the box.
I think you need an internet time out!

I came pretty close to importing the set too. I liked the series and the atheistic a lot, almost bought a copy of Doorbeetle Reco that the author put out for the Abyss art, but there seemed to be some dicey stuff in there too that I couldn't really get behind...

Not a big fan of the clam shell box thing though, the Drakengard 3 limited edition was a similar design and while it is pretty, it can be a little fiddly to put back together, and I can see it wearing out/being prone to damage somewhat quicker than a normal slip box.

I genuinely thought that rabbit thing was covering it's boobs on the right hand pic of the box.
I only looked at that pic in detail after reading ayase's post, and I initially struggled to see it as anything other than the rabbit thing covering its boobs! I think we've both become institutionalised from too many hours of watching anime!

I only looked at that pic in detail after reading ayase's post, and I initially struggled to see it as anything other than the rabbit thing covering its boobs! I think we've both become institutionalised from too many hours of watching anime!
IMG_1036.GIF

By this stage of the game, I reckon I totally appreciate Dandy's mindset.

(But that's another story for another day in another thread, baby!)

I would 100% have bought the Japanese Made in Abyss sets already if they had English subs, it's a shame that they don't cause they're beautiful.

Nagi Asukara is getting a German release. Going to be a digipack releases with postcards and booklets and all volumes to be put in a chipbox.

So far only the (tentative) cover for the chipbox out:
4260495765389_Main.jpg

Buuuuuuut. I kind of betting it may be one of their shiny boxes, like they did for No Game No Life, Shirobako, and Digimon among others. It would just fit too well with all the water.

Nagi Asukara is getting a German release. Going to be a digipack releases with postcards and booklets and all volumes to be put in a chipbox.

So far only the (tentative) cover for the chipbox out:
4260495765389_Main.jpg

Buuuuuuut. I kind of betting it may be one of their shiny boxes, like they did for No Game No Life, Shirobako, and Digimon among others. It would just fit too well with all the water.
Aren't all their boxes shiny?

At least most of them are just stickers on CEs unlike the australian ones.
True that, I wish the Australian distributors (and some UK ones) would adopt Anime Limited's practice of putting the age rating on the cellophane instead of the box itself.

Aren't all their boxes shiny?
Nay, not all, at least Doremi (which unfortunately was this weak cardbox box that got damaged when peeling off the rating logo ;_; ) was not, as Yona wasn't as well.
Incidentially any info on Gintama Box 5? The previous ones came our bimonthly but no sign to be found of part 5.... .-.

The German age ratings are actually worse than the Australian ones, god damn.
Yes, pretty annoying. Many put into the practice of making reversible covers for simple Amaray case volumes, but it's duplicating the same just without the logo, so you loose two faces for artwork. Of, if both sides are used for diffrent pieces, one is bound to have the ugly logo. Usually slicovers are also just duplicating the cover (like Funi does, too) so you end up with three times the same illustrations. Digipacks often have the logo printed on once more despite there being a sticker on the Slicover/Box around it. (Which looks insanely horrible, imo.) But graciously at least our chipboxes and slicovers are spared of a printed on logo, as those are all stickers. But peeling off the stickers can go bad, too. So I more than often end up getting the chipbox volume, try to sell of the BD and put in some US releases. My Yona Box is unfortunately not high enough (lacking 1mm!) to hold my Funi Yonas with their slips, but does a good job in holding some of my sentai releases and preventing them from tumbling around in my shelf, because loose volumes just like to move too much somehow at my place.

Question is now who's gonna release it in the UK. Universal or god fobid MangaUK?

It won't be Manga, Jerome doesn't get on with Funimation. Universal are maintaining radio silence. It will be down to Sony but there are other titles that in no man's land in terms of a UK release.

Back