Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

[US] Funimation

Your Name (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]

image_1145.jpg

image_1146.jpg

image_1147.jpg

Re: the Speed Racer/Mach Go Go Go set: I really wish they'd given fans the option to get MGGG on its own subbed at a much cheaper price. I'd really like to own the original uncut version and the 90's show at a more reasonable price for a standalone DVD.

I'd have went for a collector's edition if it had something fans would want more (for example a die cast Mach 5 model and a big hardback artbook) however at a much more reasonable price point than this.

I spend a lot of money on merch (mainly figures and Japanese books) and occasionally I even import some single disc Japanese BDs (not many mind you) but this is just something I can't justify the cost of.....particularly when it looks so horrible. I also have no interest in the highly edited US TV dub and therefore would have no use for the Blu rays.

I guess I can only hope we'll get a cut price standalone DVD release of MGGG at some point (which doesn't seem so likely since Funi seem to never release anything without a dub). I guess if we get one it'll be from another company much further down the line.

2 separate releases, one for SR and one for MGGG would have been a much better idea for this show as a lot of US fans are gonna be from the nostalgia market and a lot of em won't care about the original version.

Re: the Speed Racer/Mach Go Go Go set: I really wish they'd given fans the option to get MGGG on its own subbed at a much cheaper price. I'd really like to own the original uncut version and the 90's show at a more reasonable price for a standalone DVD.

I'd have went for a collector's edition if it had something fans would want more (for example a die cast Mach 5 model and a big hardback artbook) however at a much more reasonable price point than this.

I spend a lot of money on merch (mainly figures and Japanese books) and occasionally I even import some single disc Japanese BDs (not many mind you) but this is just something I can't justify the cost of.....particularly when it looks so horrible. I also have no interest in the highly edited US TV dub and therefore would have no use for the Blu rays.

I guess I can only hope we'll get a cut price standalone DVD release of MGGG at some point (which doesn't seem so likely since Funi seem to never release anything without a dub). I guess if we get one it'll be from another company much further down the line.

2 separate releases, one for SR and one for MGGG would have been a much better idea for this show as a lot of US fans are gonna be from the nostalgia market and a lot of em won't care about the original version.

Yeah I agree it's pretty daft for Funimation to do this. They did a similar one with the Haruhi-chan shorts having its Blu-ray version locked to the Ultimate Collector's Edition set only but at least the DVDs were available standalone.

Funimation have started to release subtitled only content on Blu-ray thankfully but I wonder if they think MachGoGoGo is a risk in sales to consider a standalone Blu-ray release. If the Speed Racer Head sells out fast I wonder if they'll consider a separate release later down the line.

I didn't realise they were doing sub only sets now. That's good to know...thanks Grav. I think given the age of the show they probably do Consider it a financial risk since the original version probably doesn't have the same fandom/"brand" familiarity to back it up. I say "brand" because of the various attempts at making US produced Speed Racer comics and animation.

Last edited:
I didn't realise they were doing sub only sets now. That's good to know...thanks Grav. I think given the age of the show they probably do Consider it a financial risk since the original version probably doesn't have the same fandom/"brand" familiarity to back it up. I say "brand" because of the various attempts at making US produced Speed Racer comics and animation.

No worries, a lot of folks don't know since it's not that common. Here's a list that they have put out in subbed form so far:
  • .hack//G.U. Trilogy [DVD only release]
  • A Good Librarian like a Good Shepherd
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name [DVD only release]
  • Buddy Complex
  • C³ - CubexCursedxCurious
  • Doamyger-D [DVD only release]
  • Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun
  • Haruchika - Haruta & Chika
  • In Search of the Lost Future
  • Inari Kon Kon
  • Jinsei: Life Consulting
  • Kiddy GiRL-AND
  • Kumamiko - Girl Meets Bear
  • Momotaro, Sacred Sailors
  • The Mystic Archives of Dantalian [DVD only release]
  • Nichijou: My Ordinary Life
  • Omamori Himari [DVD only release]
  • PUCHiM@S Petit iDOLM@STER Season 1 [DVD only release]
  • PUCHiM@S Petit iDOLM@STER Season 2 [DVD only release]
  • Rainbow Days
  • Rainy Cocoa/Rainy Cocoa: Welcome to Rainy Color [DVD only release]
  • Seiyu's Life!
  • Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: The World's Greatest First Love [DVD only release]
  • Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 49- [DVD only release]
  • Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage for 50- [DVD only release]
  • Starmyu Season 1
  • TSUKIUTA. The Animation
  • Yatterman Night [DVD only release]

Some upcoming Funimation releases.

This is a Crunchyroll release so it'll be import-friendly for the UK (Region 1|2|4|A|B)
Mob Psycho 100 LE.png

Mob Psycho 100 SE.png

Saiki K P1.png

Saiki K P2.png

Last edited:
Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki from Madman AU (Oct 4th 2017).

Collected Works of Mamoru Hosoda from Madman AU (Oct 25th 2017). I'm assuming that the back shows the other two movies that are included.

There's a Limited Edition Complete Collection of Psycho-Pass coming on the 8th of November but it doesn't have a cover yet.
Psycho-Pass Complete Collection (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray) - Blu-ray

Code Geass is getting a 10th Anniversary Complete Series Limited Edition release on the 25th of October but that too does not have a cover yet.
Code Geass 10th Anniversary Complete Series (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray) - Blu-ray

Last edited:
Code Geass is getting a 10th Anniversary Complete Series Limited Edition release on the 25th of October but that too does not have a cover yet.
Code Geass 10th Anniversary Complete Series (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray) - Blu-ray

That Code Geass has 8 discs, and the extras listing...

• Audio Commentaries
  • Picture Drama Episodes
  • U.S. Voice Actor Interviews
  • Extra Flash: Baba Theater Redux episodes
  • Original Broadcast of Next Turn
  • Textless Opening and Closing Animations

Indicates that Madman are ditching the Kaze discs and using the Funimation masters this time around. Might be worth a double dip for better subtitling, and all the extras.​

It's based on the tin of sweets that feature in the movie (which are real)...

Fireflies_2.jpg

Unless you just meant you don't get the appeal, then I see your point.

Ah, gotcha. I'm haven't seen the film (nor am I sure what film it is!) but it seems like an odd thing to base a release around. Maybe it'd make more sense if I had seen it. Also, I guess your second interpretation is also correct, I'll rarely understand the appeal of a release I can't fit into a standard shelf, like a lot of Sentai special editions.

It's based on the tin of sweets that feature in the movie (which are real)...

Fireflies_2.jpg

Unless you just meant you don't get the appeal, then I see your point.

I don't know I mean if your going to make a Collector Edition of this film and then want to give it unique packaging I'm not sure what else is more appropriate. Not something I would go crazy for due to the size but I think it's a nice idea all the same. If only because those damn sweets are about the only happy thing in this whole movie :(

:eek: Surely it's against the rules to have not seen this film!
It's Grave of the Fireflies by Isao Takahata.

Oh right. Yeah, I probably should've seen it by now but I'm somewhat put off by this expectation to cry at it. From what I can gather, it's dependent on hitting your emotions, and I don't get affected by stuff like that easily, the cold hearted unfeeling monster I am :p

I don't think you have to cry necessarily to get anything out of it.
It's always interesting to see films about the second world war from other perspectives other than ours/American ones.

I don't know I mean if your going to make a Collector Edition of this film and then want to give it unique packaging I'm not sure what else is more appropriate. Not something I would go crazy for due to the size but I think it's a nice idea all the same. If only because those damn sweets are about the only happy thing in this whole movie :(
I don't disagree, when I said "don't see the appeal", I meant more that I don't like those more novelty type of packaging in general, I like things to look uniform on my shelves as I'm a boring git lol.

Back