United Publications Anime Discussion

frostythebudgie

Brigade Leader
Hi, created this thread for general discussion of what seems to be a very popular site around these forums, up1.co.uk.

I actually have a complaint:

So I ordered the Future Diary Part 1 LE and the Haganai LE around the 16th of December and they STILL HAVENT GOT THE HAGANAI ONE IN STOCK.

I'm pretty annoyed, as I ordered these almost a month ago (I understand that they were off from 24th to the 2nd) and both were on 7 to 10 days. It's been over 11 days since they re opened and they don't even have them on 2-3 days yet.

Do they usually take this long?

UP1 has always been very good to me, with both sourcing times and delivery times, but you also have to consider the other things which have been going on.

UP1 rely on ordering from US retailers like Rightstuf for their stock. You've had the christmas rush which may lead to increased postage times, and on top of that there's been the bad weather in America over the last few weeks which probably has lead to delays. The best thing to do is email them and ask them what the current status of your order is, and whether they have an ETA as to when they are expecting it in.

When I've ordered things that they've no longer been able to source, they've been very honest with me about it. So contacting them would be the best bet.

Sadly, Haganai LE is now Out of Print. I always check the Funimation shopping site to see which ones are in stock and which aren't just in case I miss out (hence why I recently bought Michiko & Hatchin LE).

And secondly the weather in US has been a bit crazy which did prevent travel so it's not their fault in a way. For that, I'll accept the delays on my packages (I know they aren't OOP, since there's plenty of stock everywhere).

Future Diary Part 1 is now on Immediate Delivery, so they should dispatch to you tomorrow unless you already got the item..

The best time I bought something on their site was for pre-ordering High School DxD and it arrived a week ahead of schedule, like Rightstuf does so that's cool.

The worst time was losing out on Freezing's LE but now that Funimation have changed their format it really doesn't matter to me anymore. But Shiki did take sometime since it's an old series from Funimation's part (Part 1's LE is the only part ever released, so I call it a Standard Limited Edition (examples of these types include Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Baka & Test: Season 2, Fractale, Is This A Zombie?: Season 1, OniAi, Panty & Stocking (Blu-ray), Shana: Season 2 Part 1, Strike Witches: Season 2 & Tenchi Muyo: Movies Collection. Steins;Gate also had the treatment which is why it sold out like muffins, and so did Black Butler: Season 2 & Freezing) but that was only because I request for all together rather than ASAP.

My experience with them has been sublime, I’ve ordered an Issue of Otaku USA magazine, both Rose of Versailles sets, both Dirty Pair sets, Baccano! blu ray and Mad Bull 34 without an issue. I even requested I get both ROV sets once the second one is released and I got mine 3 days before America got it.

Check if its on Amazon.co.uk, they seem to stock stuff your looking for, since they do import from America.

They are a very reliable firm in my experience. Send them a polite message from the built in account management section to ask about the Haganai ltd edition and they should respond to you within the day. I've even had them respond within minutes to messages I've sent after 5pm when they are supposed to no longer be working.

It may be as other posters say that it has gone out of stock, though when that has happened they have always come back and told me so, though they usually try to get a hold of a copy via their various distributors so the delay may very well be because they are still trying to source a copy.

They're very reliable!

When Manga announced that the K-ON! Movie came with a Oyster Card Holder at the Expo, I immediately thought of the Highschool of the Dead OVA and sent them an email. They emailed me back at about 9pm/10pm after the Expo had finished on the Friday stating they had some.

I even asked if I could pick a certain design in a note on my order, they posted the order out on the Monday, arrived on Tuesday and I received the design I asked for.

Emulsion said:
Mangaranga said:
UP1 rely on ordering from US retailers like Rightstuf for their stock
Do they? I thought they got them direct from the supplier rather than a retailer.
There was a point when TRSI was the warehouser and supplier for FUNimation and other companies as well. That may not be the case now FUNimation has their own online store though.

Hmm...

Okay, Future Diary is in stock but Haganai is out of print - Funimation AND Rightstuf are now out of stock.

So if I email them do I like, get a refund or something? I'm even okay with it if they give me a refund in store credit.

frostythebudgie said:
Hmm...

Okay, Future Diary is in stock but Haganai is out of print - Funimation AND Rightstuf are now out of stock.

So if I email them do I like, get a refund or something? I'm even okay with it if they give me a refund in store credit.

They don't take your cash until they dispatch the item, so you should be able to sort out Haganai. Did you get notified for Future Diary via Email?

I recently emailed them about my items (I know they're available, it's everywhere on Amazon, Rightstuf & Funimation) and they said this:
Sorry for delay to these orders, as something we do not have in our warehouse in USA at the moment and are waiting for stock from publisher.
Added to the delay's have been weather in the USA, which has been slowing our orders from publisher.

Mine will arrive next week though, but I have Good Luck Girl to watch for this week.

frostythebudgie said:
Hmm...

If it's a card payment they only charge you when they dispatch items. Not sure what the do about cheque payments, I seem to recall Animefreak17 pays by cheque so maybe he'd know.

Did they come back to you and say it was out of stock, or are you basing that on rightstuf and funimation? Just last time something went out of stock they notified me of that and removed said item from their store, and it's still showing as 7-10 at present. I'm pretty sure it was in stock back on rightstuf when you placed your order so they may have copies incoming held up by the weather.

Sometimes when UP1 removed an item for being OOP it's still available elsewhere, for instance Ga-Rei Zero LE and Okami-san LE was available for 6 months after being delisted.

NormanicGrav said:
Sometimes when UP1 removed an item for being OOP it's still available elsewhere, for instance Ga-Rei Zero LE and Okami-san LE was available for 6 months after being delisted.

I'd suspect it's a matter of if they can get it for a price that it's worth selling on.

There's a few copies up on ebay and Amazon at present, I've also sent them a message just now to enquire if they expect stock as it wasn't clear if anyone had actually asked them directly yet.

frostythebudgie said:
Rightstuf is showing both versions as in stock (they only have four copies of the LE left).

Ok, United Publications have got back to me and they are expecting more stock of the limited edition in next week.

The best bet is always to send them a quick message, they respond quick and are upfront about if and when they can get something.

demonix said:
frostythebudgie said:
Rightstuf is showing both versions as in stock (they only have four copies of the LE left).

Interesting, when I checked last night is was out of stock, guess they found a few more

Rightstuf have only got 3 left :x

COME ON UP1 ******* BUY THEM

I'm really worried whether i'll end up getting them or not
Think I will? Or am I screwed, as I always bloody am?

frostythebudgie said:
Rightstuf have only got 3 left :x

COME ON UP1 **** BUY THEM

I'm really worried whether i'll end up getting them or not
Think I will? Or am I screwed, as I always bloody am?

Ok, so I confirmed with them that they are expecting stock in next week, and even sent you a pm to that effect incase you didn't spot my post and your still worried that they will not get stock in?

Back