• gokusen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kurau phantom memory

• scrapped princess

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Otogi Zoshi! I was listening to the fabulous OP song just this morning :)

Unfortunately the second half felt significantly less exciting (and pretty) than the first, which is probably responsible for a lot of the lack of enthusiasm. It was a very interesting thing to try, though, and the show was definitely a worthy addition to my collection.

R

your poll process is too good an di like it,, So many animes list here but mine favorite between them is only one that is "peach girl"

42847_1253413110987_full.jpg

How is Beck on this list? It's really well reviewed, and obviously sold well enough as it's been re-released in the states as a SAVE edition show several years on.

The fact we can't buy it in the UK is stupid, but I wouldn't say that makes the series underrated.

Could be wrong then but I thought it wasn't available over here, unless it was perhaps available for a short while and then became unavailable or something?

With the huge success of K-ON! in the past few years, BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad has become less mentioned since the US DVD license has run out (although you can watch the whole series for free on Funi's YT site), thus becoming underated.

Another nickpick that I don't really mention with K-ON is that it always sticks with the music legends and the old ways of recording music (record tapes for example). It's cool that Kyoto Ani mention Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy Osboure or The Beatles, no issues with that but it never feels relevent to current times.

Now with BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad which was made in 2004-2005, they made the effort to not only to mention these influential artists but to show popular rising western acts such as The Hives, Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, hell even Sigur Rós.

Sure K-ON is more simple and accessible to Japan when it comes to music but it makes it a lot less interesting for me, musically.

If we're talking about under-rated shows, a cursory glance over my collection turns up several.

Sengoku Basara, I think, gets some unfairly negative press. It may not be a thought provoking meditation on life and the essence of being, but it sure is fun. Gotta love a show where one of the main characters rides around on a horse with handlebars!

Similarly, Heat Guy J delivers a fun watching experience. J is quite possibly one of my favourite anime characters of all time, and the show never feels like it's sagging.

STR.AI.IN, is another goodie, which does flag a little midway, but makes up for it with a decent plot, some neat mecha designs and one of the most brutal openng episodes of a mecha show I've ever seen. It's a surprisingly neat show.

Yukikaze is a nother one I'm really fond of, and would go as far as to say qualifies as 5 star anime. There's a maturity to the tone of it that seems rare in anime that gets a western release. I love all the aerial combat stuff, and the alien enemy are suitably sci-fi creations. Really excellent stuff.

I Voted Sound of the Sky

It was quite a darn shame that the Anime no Chikara project has seemingly been shelved, I thought they had something good going, but again money means everything!

HdE said:
I
Similarly, Heat Guy J delivers a fun watching experience. J is quite possibly one of my favourite anime characters of all time, and the show never feels like it's sagging.

Really? I have the complete series but didn't feel much towards it after the first disc, may be because i wasn't in an anime watching mood but forced myself to watch something or just didn't see a real plot to the story, no evil baddy or main reason for fighting. Pretty much "scumbag of the week" for the first disc :/

Back