Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

Hello, I'm new here but wanted to ask if any of the following work on an UK Xbox Series X since I haven't seen any mention of them. Thanks.

Angel Cop: HD Remaster (Blu-Ray)
Garo: The Vanishing Line - The Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
JoJo OVA (1993/2000)
Kite: Uncut & Kite: Liberator (Kitty's High-Caliber Classics) (Blu-Ray)
Violence Jack: Complete OVA Collection (Blu-Ray)

Most of those are region locked. There is a bypassing method for Discotek Releases on the first page but not many have been confirmed
As for Kite: Uncut & Kite: Liberator is Region free but I'm unsure which Versions that applies too.

I can confirm the following titles are region B compatible,

Crunchyroll:
Campfire Cooking In Another World with My Absurd Skill
The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World

Sentai:
Qwaser Of Stigmata - Collection (S1, S2 & OVA) (2024 Release)

August's UK Blu Ray Releases Added

Bofuri I Don't Want To Get Hurt, So I’ll Max Out My Defence Season 2
Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon
Record Of Grancrest War
Summon To Another World For A Second Time
Why Raeliana Ended Up At The Duke's Mansion

August's Australian Blu ray Releases Added

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure Serving Gods Who Go Too Far
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Part 15
Buddy X Daddies
Campfire Cooking In Another World With My Absurd Skill
I Got A Cheat Skill In Another And Became Unrivaled In The Real World Too
Konosuba - An Explosion on This Wonderful World
The Reincarnation Of The Strongest Exorcist In Another World

I can confirm the following titles are region B compatible,

Crunchyroll:
In Another World With My Smartphone - Season 2

Sentai:
Beyond the Boundary - TV series + Movies (Steelbook release)
Ef: A Tale of Memories & Melodies - Seasons 1 & 2 (Steelbook release)
Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time: Super Extra (Season 2) - (Steelbook release)
Triage X - (2024 release)

It says it's Geo-locked. It doesn't say it will definitely play on a regular store bought UK Blu-ray player.
It plays fine on my uk blu ray players and game consoles. Unfortunately there's no way to 100% confirm if its Region free. Another issue is that Sentai can change there coding at any time and unless someone wants to use a computer with software that can 100% grantees there Region it's a safe bet to continue confirming them as Geolocked.
I thought about changing them as Region B for a while but when did Sentai change there coding? 2015 but that doesn't mean is has not changed multiple times since then.

Sidenote if you have Sentai titles from the same year its a safe bet that any titles from that year will work on your player.
Another thing is no one have flagged up a single title not working on a UK player in the Geolocked section yet. So it's safe to say there likely all Region B.

Check the first page.

I had a look and it says that it's Geolocked. Does that mean it'll play here in Aus?

I've never understood what Geolocked means. Does it mean that even though it'll work on Region B players, it'll only play on region B players in regions close to America?

I had a look and it says that it's Geolocked. Does that mean it'll play here in Aus?

I've never understood what Geolocked means. Does it mean that even though it'll work on Region B players, it'll only play on region B players in regions close to America?

As long as you don't have a Japanese Blu-ray player, or the country code of your player is not set to Japan then Sentai's Blu-rays (from 2015 onwards) should play fine.

Also, just curious, but what make/model is your Blu-ray player?

I've never understood what Geolocked means. Does
Blu rays have three regions A,B,C so what Japan did to stop there people from reverse importing was put coding in the language settings to prevent there players from recognising the disks. The workaround is just change the language to the region there in.
Just a note newer players don't even have this issue so it's either been removed from the players or they no longer put it on the disks.

Last edited:
Blu rays have three regions A,B,C so what Japan did to stop there people from reverse importing was put coding in the language settings to prevent there players from recognising the disks. The workaround is just change the language to the region there in.
Just a note newer players don't even have this issue so it's either been removed from the players or they no longer put it on the disks.

Changing the language settings won't change the country code, the country code (or area code as it's called in my players settings) is located in the parental control settings & requires a 4 digit pin number in order to change it.

Someone posted about it on the Criterion forums back when Sentai first started geolocking their discs.

This is frustrating news, and if it becomes more widespread to other companies and countries, will be a massive problem.

First off, Japan and the US used to have different region codes for DVDs, so parallel importing US titles to Japan was not much of a concern.

With Blu-ray, Japan and the US are both Region A.
Some anime companies were concerned that Japanese fans would import titles from the US instead of buying domestic, which is smart because considering the insanely overpriced Japanese Blu-rays and boxsets, the US releases were way more reasonable.

Some anime companies licensed titles out as long as they had non-removable English subtitles, or having intertitles or credits in English only, making it harder for Japanese fans to enjoy it, especially when it covers up the original Japanese text.

The came this Blu-ray title: Inu x Boku Secret Service collection from Section 23/Sentai.

Although it has a region A and Region B logo on the back, if you play this disc on a Japanese player, this appears:

Well, this seems to be a new thing that the anime licensor has implemented....

How to bypass it? The languages menu won't help. You must go to the player's settings, to the parental lock / country code settings, and configure your player to the United States. Then it will work.

But some BD players (and programs like WinDVD) don't have a country code settings menu, and it can't be changed. If this is the case, SOL.

If other countries or companies start using this anti-loophole region locking technique, even region free players might have some issues...

Although, for Sentai releases since 2015 setting your players country code to any country other than Japan (just to be safe I would recommend not selecting any Asian country) will allow the discs to play.

Back