Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

Changing the language settings won't change the country code, the country code (or area code as it's called in my players settings) is located in the parental control settings & requires a 4 digit pin number in order to change it.

Someone posted about it on the Criterion forums back when Sentai first started geolocking their discs.

Although, for Sentai releases since 2015 setting your players country code to any country other than Japan (just to be safe I would recommend not selecting any Asian country) will allow the discs to play.
Here's a strange one, when purchasing an LG BD player a few years ago I tried the only Sentai release I owned which wouldn't play on my old Panasonic player, to my surprise no luck, had to alter the country cade from Germany, to US to get it work.

Here's a strange one, when purchasing an LG BD player a few years ago I tried the only Sentai release I owned which wouldn't play on my old Panasonic player, to my surprise no luck, had to alter the country cade from Germany, to US to get it work.

I believe Sentai went through a phase in 2014 where their Blu-rays would only work if the country code was set to the US or Canada, as I own three of them (Leviathan - the last defense -, Little Busters Refrain & The Ambition of Oda Nobuna).

Thankfully in 2015 they went back to just locking out Japan/Japanese players.

As long as you don't have a Japanese Blu-ray player, or the country code of your player is not set to Japan then Sentai's Blu-rays (from 2015 onwards) should play fine.

Also, just curious, but what make/model is your Blu-ray player?

I play all my Blu-rays on a PS3.

Even Australian ones? When I went to play Paramount's Blu-ray of "Bugsy Malone", it wouldn't play as it was encoded Region A only
Busy malone is Region locked to A, so you will either need a player that is Region A or a multi Region blu ray player.
Sentai don't Region lock there disks.
Ps3/4/5 and xbox will play Geolocked titles with no issues.
My friend in Australia has no issues with his players with Sentai nor does members from Europe who also have Region B players.

I noticed on the first page that "Farming Life In Another World" says Geolocked. Does that mean it'll play here in Australia?

When did Sentai stop region locking their disks?

I noticed on the first page that "Farming Life In Another World" says Geolocked. Does that mean it'll play here in Australia?

When did Sentai stop region locking their disks?
It works fine on standard BD players, so it should work on your PS3 without issue, the main reason it states geolocked is because it's tricky to know for sure if it's that or region free, so we tend to air on the side of caution.
Officially they still region lock discs, licensing usually enforces they do but with the onset of geolock they found a way to stop reverse importation to Japan, I believe they started in 2015.

I've looked on the first page and couldn't find these two Funimation/Crunchyroll titles so was wondering about their playability:

• Strike Witches The Movie
  • Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off

I've looked on the first page and couldn't find these two Funimation/Crunchyroll titles so was wondering about their playability:

• Strike Witches The Movie
  • Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off

Strike Witches: The Movie - is confirmed region A locked according to a user over on the Blu-ray.com forums (which is why I imported my copy from Australia).

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off - I can't confirm as I don't own it, but the back cover states region A only, so I would have to assume it's A locked, unless someone else can confirm otherwise.

September's UK Blu Ray Releases Added

86 Eighty-Six
Am I Actually the Strongest
The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 - Part 1
The Boy and the Heron
Bungo Stray Dogs - Season 4,5
The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 2 - Part 2
Himouto! Umaru-chan R
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?! Season 4 - Part 1
Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan's Island
My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1
Naruto Set 1
Rent-a-Girlfriend - Season 2,3
Tomo-chan Is a Girl

September's Australian Blu ray Releases Added

Bofuri: I Don't Want To Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense - Season 2
Bungo Stray Dogs - Season 4
In Another World With My Smartphone - Season 2
Soul Eater
Summoned To Another World For A Second Time
Tomo-Chan is a Girl!
Vinland Saga - Season 2 Part 1
Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion

I can confirm the following titles are region B compatible,

Crunchyroll:
Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon - Season 1
Summoned To Another World For A Second Time

Sentai:
7 Seeds - Seasons 1 & 2 Collections
Assassins Pride (Steelbook Release)
Mitsuboshi Colors
Peter grill and the philosopher's time (Steelbook Release)
Princess Tutu (Steelbook Release)
Tada Never Falls in Love (Premium Edition Blu-ray Box Set)
Takunomi

Back