Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

Don't know if this is the proper thread to ask this question but it is kinda related so here goes nothing.

Bought Bubblegum Crisis from Animeigo (they seem absent from the list, which should probably be rectified considering that a lot of their stuff is region free) but didn't notice until I got it that the SE have less bitrate then the UE had. As silly and utterly ridiculous as it sounds I am quite bothered by it. Do anyone here know how much of a difference in quality there is between both? Considering that the disc count shrunk from 3 to 1 I presume there should be a noticeable loss in quality, right?

Also, I see March comes in like a lion is listed as if only volumes 1-2 is region free. As I am planning to order volumes 3 and 4 within a week or two I might as well ask here for confirmation as to whether volumes 3 and 4 really is region locked.

Don't know if this is the proper thread to ask this question but it is kinda related so here goes nothing.

Bought Bubblegum Crisis from Animeigo (they seem absent from the list, which should probably be rectified considering that a lot of their stuff is region free) but didn't notice until I got it that the SE have less bitrate then the UE had. As silly and utterly ridiculous as it sounds I am quite bothered by it. Do anyone here know how much of a difference in quality there is between both? Considering that the disc count shrunk from 3 to 1 I presume there should be a noticeable loss in quality, right?

Also, I see March comes in like a lion is listed as if only volumes 1-2 is region free. As I am planning to order volumes 3 and 4 within a week or two I might as well ask here for confirmation as to whether volumes 3 and 4 really is region locked.

With BGC the big difference is in the audio, Dolby Digital instead of lossless, and a few extras missing. It sounded good enough for me and I didn’t see much to complain about with the video. I suppose if you do a direct comparison you’ll see and hear differences, but if you don’t know what you’re missing, it’s still better than your average Funi or Sentai disc.

If it's not been listed on this page it hasn't been confirmed yet.

I've heard that these could be region free on there site but no one has confirmed them yet. If so they will be added to the list

Bubblegum Crisis high definition disctopia
Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean

I've heard that these could be region free on there site but no one has confirmed them yet. If so they will be added to the list

Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean
All of the Animeigo Kickstarted blurays are region free, so you can also add Otaku no Video.

With BGC the big difference is in the audio, Dolby Digital instead of lossless, and a few extras missing. It sounded good enough for me and I didn’t see much to complain about with the video. I suppose if you do a direct comparison you’ll see and hear differences, but if you don’t know what you’re missing, it’s still better than your average Funi or Sentai disc.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I don't know, probably would't be able to see any difference even if they were side by side. In fact, I think it is more the practice than the end result that irks me considering that they are slinging different quality depending on whether it is the SE or UE. I am fine with loosing all extras and such on a SE release, but different quality on the actual anime? Nah..

Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean

Yeah, Otaku no Video should also be region free according to their site. I think their future Megazone 23 release is being promoted as being region free as well,

If no one else confirms whether March comes in like a lion is region locked or not, I guess I will have to do the thankless job of being the one who finds out. Which, considering the outrageous pricing for volumes 3-4, might be a rather unpleasant experience for someone who lacks a region free blu-ray player.

I can add them if you want but have they been confirmed then?
I don't really want to add titles that nobody has checked yet.
Would that be responsible?

I can add them if you want but have they been confirmed then?
I don't really want to add titles that nobody has checked yet.
Would that be responsible?

No, you are quite right. Rather be 200% safe than spreading misinformation, but if anyone want to test the Animeigo titles they should know that Animeigo themselves markets them as region free.

@Afherlan i can test March Comes in Like a Lion 3 & 4 as I bought them last month. They should be the same as 1 & 2 (US release)

Would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean
Hi. I own both Bubblegum Crisis high definition disctopia and Gunsmith Cats Blu Rays from Animeigo and can confirm that they are Region Free. They are listed as Region A-B-C on the back of the box and play fine on my european PS3 Slim.
As this is my first time posting here, what is your standard of proof? Should I post pictures of the back of the Boxes or the Blu Rays playing in my PS3?

Additionally I can cronfrim that Queens Blade Season 2 is also playable on my PS3 but it is not listed in the thread. (maybe I missed it in the listing. If so, sorry)

Finally: Thank you all for your work in this thread. It was incredibly helpful in the past.

Hi. I own both Bubblegum Crisis high definition disctopia and Gunsmith Cats Blu Rays from Animeigo and can confirm that they are Region Free. They are listed as Region A-B-C on the back of the box and play fine on my european PS3 Slim.
As this is my first time posting here, what is your standard of proof? Should I post pictures of the back of the Boxes or the Blu Rays playing in my PS3?

Additionally I can cronfrim that Queens Blade Season 2 is also playable on my PS3 but it is not listed in the thread. (maybe I missed it in the listing. If so, sorry)

Finally: Thank you all for your work in this thread. It was incredibly helpful in the past.
Just having a copy is all the proof I need.
Even if a title states it's region B even on the case they need to be confirmed, an example Rolling Girls or Heavens Lost Property season 2 state there A/B
They have been confirmed as region A only

Back