UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

There's really no point in upgrading Little Norse Prince with the currently available master - which looks terrible. Fingers crossed that Toei gives it a new restoration, with its 50th anniversary in a couple of years.

Fantastic to see Ocean Waves upgraded though, it always gets overlooked in the Ghibli canon but it's still pretty wonderful.

Maybe Canal will pick up Future Boy Conan so they can keep milking the Miyazaki brand... #wishfulthinking

It's unlikely, but I would be so on-board with something like a 20th anniversary edition of Mononoke with the full 7 hour making of.

Nausicaa is pre-Ghibli too :p

Oh yeah :p

Maybe Canal will pick up Future Boy Conan so they can keep milking the Miyazaki brand... #wishfulthinking

It's unlikely, but I would be so on-board with something like a 20th anniversary edition of Mononoke with the full 7 hour making of.

We can only pray.
I'm hoping for some more pre-Ghibli to be made available at some point, like Gauche the Cellist. A collection of non- museum shorts would be nice too...

IMG_0117.jpg I saw on the baseorg.uk website that The Boy and the Beast has a August 21 release date.

Interesting... They wouldn't have pulled those dates out of thin air, right? Must admit I've never heard of BASE before, but they look like some official authority on releases.

IMG_0646.JPG
Interesting... They wouldn't have pulled those dates out of thin air, right? Must admit I've never heard of BASE before, but they look like some official authority on releases.

They used to be called BVA and they are the association of U.K. distributors. So pretty legit. Also Amazon now has cover art, which it didn't have earlier.

Last edited:
eomhizh97syu.gif

Ain't believing it till the sets in my hands

I wasn't a big fan of The Boy and the Beast, for me it's more Summer Wars than The Girl who Leapt Through Time/Wolf Children in terms of quality , although I'd probably still buy it.

I read the novel that Yen Press put out for it and I liked the story enough to still want to see the movie. Hopefully it doesn't disappear off the face of the planet again. >_>

Two MVM delays

God Eater Part 1 - Now due July 17th
Girls Beyond the Wasteland - Now due July 31st

EDIT:
One A/L delay
Psycho Pass: The Movie standard edition now due July 31st

Back