UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

fabricatedlunatic said:
FourthLion said:
Don't suppose it's worth me buying the new freedom set if I already have the older 4 disc one?
Doubt it, especially seeing as the Manga release has out-of-sync audio. Unless it's been fixed since then, but I don't think that's the case.

Good. Saves me a few £s. It just seemed so cheap and I really liek the newer box art (plus the DVD copy would be handy).

bakum4tsu said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Doubt it, especially seeing as the Manga release has out-of-sync audio. Unless it's been fixed since then, but I don't think that's the case.

wow wow what a minute. Freedom has an out of sync problem?? Both dvd and blu-ray?

I was thinking about buying it.

The audio on the DVD is fine, but personally I'm not that happy with the DVD's video transfer. It's an NTSC-PAL conversion that duplicates every 24th frame to create the 25th PAL frame, which results in severely jerky pans and scrolls in playback.

It was in the first 20 animes i saw once i started to get into anime more serious.

I mean to start watching more anime, not that the anime is serious. In fact its dark enough. lol anyway...

It was fine at the time but nowadays there are better stuff though for that price is a bargain.

I think i will pass since i dont want to spend money this week in anime lol
Not one of my favourite shows otherwise i would buy it for sure.

Lunar Legend Tsukihime is an oddity for me. The first time I saw it, I thought it was dull, monotonous and forgettable. The second time I saw it, it caught my eye and held my interest, and the third time I really began to enjoy it.

It'e been getting better for me with every rewatch, and it's one show that I do rewatch on a regular basis. That doesn't happen with every anime for me.

three times already? wooow

That must have touched you for sure. I dont think i've saw the same series twice I guess or at least the whole series. I'm seeing now for the second time darker than black first season. One of my fav series.

bakum4tsu said:
three times already? wooow

That must have touched you for sure. I dont think i've saw the same series twice I guess or at least the whole series. I'm seeing now for the second time darker than black first season. One of my fav series.

Got them as singles back in 2005. So... seven years now. Plenty of time to rewatch. I have my anime collection on a loop, watching shows one they come to the top of the pile again. When I started collecting, I'd rewatch a show after six months, now I get to rewatch a show after two to three years, Tsukihime was one of my early shows, I've been collecting since Vampire Princess Miyu, Love Hina, Fruits Basket the first time around, and Akira on DVD start of 2004...

The pile got big.

2004 was the time i started to get more serious about anime. I've remeber that i saw 3 times already death note but one of them was for a special reason. The first was when it aired and the other was to see the dvds i've bought.

Im starting now to watching my already seen once pile. 8)

It definitely takes something special to have me watch more than once. For obvious reasons I tend to rewatch movies more than series.

I think the only series I've seen more than 3 times (and would gladly watch again) is Haibane Renmei.

Thanks for the views, I think i'll go ahead and give Lunar a shot.

As for rewatching series, I either tend to rewatch them if I originally watched them subbed and they have a DVD release - though this applies mostly to dubs. Unless I enjoyed it, it won't get a rewatch past the 2nd time.

I saw the sword of the stranger two times and i dont think it will stay this way. The movie is way too good.

by the way, i'm gonna start a thread regarding this. lol

reborn said:
Just curious if anyone else who ordered Lunar found the inside flap broken?

I got that with Love Hina back when that was on deal of the week. They aren't the best at packaging items. I didn't return mine, but they are pretty good at sorting things out if you have problems,

Back