UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

alexrose1uk said:
Ah, Ah! My Goddess...
I've never actually watched it despite the amount of times I've heard the name mentioned. Is it worth a pickup?

Yeah it's worth a watch, rather generic but still a solid feel good factor and you'll laugh every now and again :)

Its a good show, if you like romance. However, depending on the person, it may leave you a little frustrated for reasons i cannot explain due to spoilers, but i imagine you'll only feel that way if you're a true romantic .. overall a good show. Great price too, considering i payed 30 quid for mine ..

Dannielle said:
I imagine you'll only feel that way if you're a true romantic...

Hmmm I might fall under that heading even if you wouldnt always realise. I guess I'll see what I think of the series.

Ordered, along with a few more 10 disc random sets :)
Sub £20 total for whats liable to be somewhere in the region of 30 hours of anime. Can't complain really (unless all 20 random discs turn out to be duplicates of the same 2/3 discs :p).

I might even get enough discs to complete some sets or give away as xmas presents to friends/family/contacts :)

alexrose1uk said:
Ah, Ah! My Goddess...
I've never actually watched it despite the amount of times I've heard the name mentioned. Is it worth a pickup?
AMG is perhaps the blandest. most sanitised romantic comedy you'll ever see, but it's popular for some reason and I suppose you can't go too wrong for a tenner.

The original JP BDs were 720P so that's probably the cause of it, Funi have even admitted it's an SD remaster (on the back) which is a shame. Does still look a little better than the DVDs though IIRC.

Good series though, and that's a good price, can't complain (too much) at £25 for both; I paid more for the first series on DVD.

ayase said:
butch-cassidy said:
Tind said:

Be warned for those like me who like to keep things neat, the first series is a traditional blu ray box, the second is a DVD sized box. -_-
Also, as I've been commenting on elsewhere, the Season 1 BD is a really **** upscale.

It might be a **** upscale but as I didn't get season 1 on dvd , I figured I might as well get the bd version (I really should get around to watching it sometime).

Back