UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Lots of Aniplex of America titles on Sale this year - the big one was March Comes In Like a Lion, with each of the four releases being $60 off the normal Rightstuf price, so I grabbed all four for $280, a $240 savings. So glad I didn't have to pay full price for the series before it went OOP. Part Four is now listed as "No Longer Available" at RS.
I got parts 3 & 4 of March Comes Like a Lion from RS a few years back in a sale.

For those living outside the UK or have access to a proxy/forwarder in Australia:

JB HiFi currently has a fantastic deal on some region B anime. Their sitewide 30% off on all 4K/Blu-rays is stacking with the 50% off offer on select anime titles. Link

This effectively drops the price on these items to 65% off. 10% GST can be requested to be refunded after shipment.

Some notable titles in the offer (after discounts applied):

Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh - £11.73
The Gymnastics Samurai - £11.73
Kakushigoto - £11.73
Diary Of Our Days At The Breakwater - £11.73
Wave, Listen to Me! - £11.73
God Eater - The Complete Collection - £7.82
Sword Art Online Alicization - Part 2 - £11.73
If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It To The Budokan, I Would Die - £11.73
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Part 1 - £11.73
Fate/Apocrypha - Part 1 - £11.73
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Part 2 (Eps 7-12) - £5.86

For those living outside the UK or have access to a proxy/forwarder in Australia:

JB HiFi currently has a fantastic deal on some region B anime. Their sitewide 30% off on all 4K/Blu-rays is stacking with the 50% off offer on select anime titles. Link

This effectively drops the price on these items to 65% off. 10% GST can be requested to be refunded after shipment.

Some notable titles in the offer (after discounts applied):

Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh - £11.73
The Gymnastics Samurai - £11.73
Kakushigoto - £11.73
Diary Of Our Days At The Breakwater - £11.73
Wave, Listen to Me! - £11.73
God Eater - The Complete Collection - £7.82
Sword Art Online Alicization - Part 2 - £11.73
If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It To The Budokan, I Would Die - £11.73
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Part 1 - £11.73
Fate/Apocrypha - Part 1 - £11.73
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Part 2 (Eps 7-12) - £5.86
I’m only seeing 30% off on these?

They reduced the MSRP by 50% off it looks like in order to process the 30% off sitewide discount, which is weird because it wasn't like that earlier today. It showed the original 59.98 MSRP and the discounted price of 20.99 AUD

Standard MSRP for most anime is 59.98 AUD.
Have ya imported off them before tempted to grab the sailor moon complete set

Have ya imported off them before tempted to grab the sailor moon complete set
Yes I have but I live in the US. They aren't shipping to the UK. You'll need to use a forwarder if you're a UK resident or a friend.

Their shipping takes about 1-3 months. Once the item ships out, you can request a refund of the 10% GST, which covers a portion of the shipping.

I've found the sweet spot to maximize the shipping cost is 3 blurays or 8 blurays. The shipping cost for 3 is 12 AUD and for 8 is 32 AUD, so roughly 4 AUD per item intl shipping

Am I seeing that postage charge correctly
Yeah, holy crap. How heavy is that limited edition to be $60 AUD shipping? The most I've seen myself was $32 AUD for 8 blurays.

When I ordered 8 BDs it was only $32 AUD shipping. You might as well check to see if you can add on some of the blurays from the "Awesome Anime 50% off" sale and see if the shipping doesn't go up, to maximize that shipping cost.

You should be able to get $20 AUD back from GST refund upon emailing customer service, so total cost should be in the ballpark of £132

Keep in mind this set is only 30% off. This offer ends on the 28th Australia time so since it's a preorder, maybe it's worth it to wait till the last day and see if they throw in an additional 10% off coupon.

Edit: @Dai in the pictures thread mentioned a UK seller on ebay was £156. That might be more worth it if you have to pay customs as well on entry.

Last edited:
Thanks. I would have missed this.
Went in this morning and one of the staff told me it's on all week. I assume until Friday.
I got Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun Blu-ray for £14.25.
Amazon seem to be matching the HMV sale for some items with a voucher at checkout. I picked up Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun (£14.25) and Okko‘s Inn (£4.50)

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 21.44.08.png
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 21.45.24.png

(I also had a £7 voucher using a Hub Locker for the first time so the total cost was only £11.73!)
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 21.46.53.png

Last edited:
I've also picked up Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun, however seems the estimated delivery isn't until Dec 6 - Dec 28, and that's using Prime.

I've also picked up Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun, however seems the estimated delivery isn't until Dec 6 - Dec 28, and that's using Prime.
I hate waiting on stuff, that's why I still try to buy from the High Street. Even if it costs me a few extra pounds. This time it didn't.

I hate waiting on stuff, that's why I still try to buy from the High Street. Even if it costs me a few extra pounds. This time it didn't.
Sadly my closest HMV is 30odd miles away in Basingstoke.

It's no harm having to wait for me, Amazon only charge when it gets posted, and I've got shedloads on my backpile to watch

They've come back to Southampton. Closer I'm guessing, not that it helps you if you don't have the time/means to get here.
A bit closer but harder to reach compared to Basingstoke (which for me can be reached going straight along the A303/M3 into festival place or a half hour train ride)

It may not be UK, but it's an awesome bargain.

Back