UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Well I enjoyed Josee: The Tiger and the Fish much more than A Silent Voice. I'm sure I'll get eaten alive for saying that, though. 😶
I don’t agree but I understand

I highly enjoyed Josee, it’s not far off Silent Voice for me.
The blasphemous thing I’ll say are that a lot of Shinkai stuff is overrated imo

I didn't spend much time checking out mine, but the CE did seem to be another very good quality one (and not too bulky either), in keeping with AL's increasingly rarer lovely digipaks, if you like those enough to pay extra that is.

My ears are ringing again - someone mentioned digipaks! And yes, I did import the Josee CE! 🤩😍

I actually still need to watch Josee as well as Maquia! :oops:

😲😵‍💫😁

Maquia is my Okada favorite by far! 🥊
Maquia is an absolute beautiful journey to witness. The ending where she "breaks" her promise hits really hard and is very well executed.

I actually still need to watch Josee as well as Maquia! :oops:
Just got past half way point but also need to finish Josee as well. As for Maquia, you're in for a ride 🙌

Rightstuf birthday sale starts on Sunday. Probably a good time to do bulk buys so it makes the customs and postage easier to stomach.
I plan to consider making a Discotek order beforehand just in case, but I guess we'll see what's in store on the Rightstuf sale. If there's a good price for Fire Force S2 LE I'll think about it (or if we're lucky super cheap prices on Sentai titles).

Could be my chance to pick up the last two series of Food Wars at a decent price.
If your looking for food wars season 5 I pre-ordered a while back but the price hasn't really changed but its around £20-22
WOWHD (where I got it from on pre-order)
DeepDiscount
Both add VAT at checkout if I rememeber right (actually not sure I've use deepdiscount but I belive they add VAT at checkout)

If your looking for food wars season 5 I pre-ordered a while back but the price hasn't really changed but its around £20-22
DeepDiscount
Both add VAT at checkout if I rememeber right (actually not sure I've use deepdiscount but I belive they add VAT at checkout)
Yes they do. And I was considering Deep Discount, as I've been using them on and off since about 2002. I shall see how good the sale is before making a decision.

DeepDiscount
Wowhd and deepdiscount are the same company, check between them as Wow are sometimes cheaper due to the free shipping.

Wowhd and deepdiscount are the same company, check between them as Wow are sometimes cheaper due to the free shipping.
That does sound familiar, so I probably forgot that. Its quite possible your the one that told me before. But yeah the free shipping is usually why I tend to go for WOWHD, but yeah sometimes one is cheaper than the other and vice versa, so worth a check.

Haibane Renmei is on MVM's DOTW, including the collector's edition for only £14.99.

I like this, but as I already have the DVD box version; i don’t see the updated release as having much to offer.
If there was more than just a couple of art cards; that would have made it essential. But as it is; I’m not even convinced a blu-ray version would offer improvements sufficient to upgrade.

On the other hand; equally notable (to the CE price) is that all configurations are on offer - the DVD is only £4.99 (which undercuts second hand and individual volumes), while the standard BR is £9.99, if you don’t want to spend £5 on 1x box and 4x cards…

Haibane Renmei is on MVM's DOTW, including the collector's edition for only £14.99.

Doing my weekly search for a good price for ACCA 13 five minutes ago.

Amazon UK have one for £15.66. For some reason I also got free postage.
Thanks for the heads up guys, much appreciated. I have the dvd of haibane renmei as well (yet to watch) but can't resist a CE at that price.

Back