UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Tower Of God: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)

Cheapest copy to import from USA
$29.99 approx £23.00 (free shipping)

il Wait for the AUS set in 2 months Time i think ... that is fairly Cheap tho ...

Promare, Franxx, Goblin Slayer and Slime steelbooks are all now £12.99 at Zavvi
And to think that I'd finally given in and triple-dipped for that Franxx steelbook at full price only recently...
I thought it was 99p and even then I was like 'you know what, I'll pass' 😂

View attachment 23876
Ps. It's £4.99
Great and now I'm being tempted by the studio Deen Fate series, just for the sake of completing my stay/night collection.

Didn't find any anime tempting me, but I did notice three of the four Moomin box sets (1,2,4) are included in the sale. These are the 80s Japanese-Finnish collaboration and are a delight.

I believe it's actually early 90s? But yes an amazing series, and the dub is wonderful, one of the best I've come across :)

It is this version (I have the DVDs already)

Also, I should mention that it seems the quality control staff were sacked sometime near the end of volume three, as the final episode of three is also the first episode of four. Plus the next three episodes (regarding the flood) are on the disc in the wrong order. Still worth the money for a relaxing watch.

Last edited:
Okay, it’s not anime, but if you’re into mainstream blockbusters, it’s worth checking Amazon. In recent months, a bunch of supermarkets have stopped stocking movies and TV, most recently Tesco and Poundland. A whole lot of returns are now hitting Amazon judging by the state of the packaging (stickers and holes in cellophane where security devices were). I picked up a handful of MCU movies for under £4 each including Infinity War and Endgame. It’s worth a browse for some Blu bargains.

Okay, it’s not anime, but if you’re into mainstream blockbusters, it’s worth checking Amazon. In recent months, a bunch of supermarkets have stopped stocking movies and TV, most recently Tesco and Poundland. A whole lot of returns are now hitting Amazon judging by the state of the packaging (stickers and holes in cellophane where security devices were). I picked up a handful of MCU movies for under £4 each including Infinity War and Endgame. It’s worth a browse for some Blu bargains.
not to be a debbie downer but i think with the MCU stuff it's just disney trying to shift printed copies in general because of D+, i've noticed their UHD stuff doesn't quite keep the value it once i guess as shown on the HMV site who frequently do disney stuff on a 2 for or 3 for deal even on stuff that released a couple weeks/months ago

not to be a debbie downer but i think with the MCU stuff it's just disney trying to shift printed copies in general because of D+, i've noticed their UHD stuff doesn't quite keep the value it once i guess as shown on the HMV site who frequently do disney stuff on a 2 for or 3 for deal even on stuff that released a couple weeks/months ago
It looks like you’re right on second thoughts. Pesky Di$ney. Another case of if you want to own it, get it now. It already looks as if some MCU titles like Civil War are OOP.

I was checking out prices for Aria and noticed it was £28 (+ £1.95 postage) at CEX, BUT it was £28.99 (free postage and new) at MVM, Zavvi and HMV. I think it was £35 at Amazon. Hopefully the price will stay (at one of the three) until after my next payday.

Back