UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

If you are after these extras, you should consider buying the 3-pack for €33 (BD): https://amzn.to/3Jqmh4g or €30 (DVD) https://amzn.to/3rMdKTi (faster delivery)
Each of the 3 parts include a keychain, 3 post cards
Unboxings:
/

The release is not english friendly. It was overprinted to the moon and is thus now offered as a cheap (by german standards) pre-pack. But paying €30 for 9 nice art cards, 3 keychains, 3 german booklets and flimsy packaging? Dunno...
(I got the standards...)

*Links are affiliated
Thanks for that. It would certainly save money over the 3 separately which would be £50.
Downside is that they're not released yet.
DVD March, Blu-ray May.
I've decided this year to try to avoid pre-order as I get fed up waiting.
Is it here yet?😭

I cancelled my Rosario+Vampire last December after 9 months and getting annoyed with Black Lagoon.

I cancelled my Rosario+Vampire last December after 9 months and getting annoyed with Black Lagoon.
Wait, is Rosario+Vampire STILL not out?!?!
I also cancelled mine back in December, ordered it from Amazon and recieved the next day!

I feel pretty bad for MVM at this point as its obviously something out of their control. Not to mention its probably wasted about a year of their license of the assumed 5'ish years they'll have paid for!

Wait, is Rosario+Vampire STILL not out?!?!
I also cancelled mine back in December, ordered it from Amazon and recieved the next day!

I feel pretty bad for MVM at this point as its obviously something out of their control. Not to mention its probably wasted about a year of their license of the assumed 5'ish years they'll have paid for!
It's listed as February tbc 2022 by AOL.
I also ordered from Amazon and for some unknown reason I got a £10 discount.
Undeserved in my opinion as in 2020 I decided to reduce using them. My purchases have dropped 95%. Same for eBay.

Considering I sold my season 1 for £30 on eBay a year ago, I did rather well.

Still feel a wee bit guilty over getting from Amazon.

Just remembered, I wanted to ask if Grimoire of Zero has plenty of fighting?
Don't necessarily need blood but I'd buy it if some good action

I honestly haven't been keeping up to speed with the Studio Ghibli collector's edition releases and their price's, but amazon look to be selling a good amount (6) of the for around the £15.50 or £16 each:
Appears to be a "Limited time deal", so could just be the day or more but I only noticed them last night/ after midnight

Kiki delivery service
Laputa
My Neighbour Toroto
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Whipers of the heart
I was wondering if these were still in print since they seem a bit hit or miss to actually come across.

I was wondering if these were still in print since they seem a bit hit or miss to actually come across.
Those are all the recent Collector's Edition releases thay have come out just since October of last year. The older CE releases are OOP and harder to find, only on the secondary market - Arrietty, Ponyo, Poppy Hill, Wind Rises, Pricess Kaguya, and Marnie. Howls Moving Castle and Nausicaa are releasing on 28/2 if they haven't been delayed. Earwig and the Witch was put out in a mostly matching digipak set from Elysian. And, the numbering system on the spines is still messed up...

ukghiblice2.jpg

Last edited:
Those are all the recent Collector's Edition releases thay have come out just since October of last year. The older CE releases are OOP and harder to find, only on the secondary market - Arrietty, Ponyo, Poppy Hill, Wind Rises, Pricess Kaguya, and Marnie. Howls Moving Castle and Nausicaa are releasing on 28/2 if they haven't been delayed. Earwig and the Witch was put out in a mostly matching digipak set from Elysian. And, the numbering system on the spines is still messed up...

ukghiblice2.jpg
Ah ok thanks for the heads up. As nice as digipaks are I might pass then.

The slip boxes for the Collector's Editions are not the greatest, thin cardboard with those ugly little tabs at the top and bottom of the the spine from the closure flap, and they are easily crushed or damaged in shipping. You can see most of the outer boxes I have are creased or wrinkled, even the newest ones. I've got them all stored in plastic box protectors to help keep them from any further damage. But, since I already own at least 4-5 different releases of all of the studio Ghibli titles in my anime collection, I'm only collecting these for the digipaks inside - and the digipaks are all in good shape inside mine, so I am happy.

Last edited:
Perfect Blue Blu ray £5.99

Black Clover S1 Part 3 Blu Ray £8.59

Wish Upon the Pleiades Blu Ray "like new" £3.74

Last edited:

ukghiblice2.jpg
Thanks for that clarification, as I likewise haven’t been keeping up, and thought this was referring to the silver steelbooks (which are definitely older, and were cheaper…)
I’m assuming I’ve got them all, as I haven’t seen any recent additions to that line (since Only Yesterday).

Thanks for that clarification, as I likewise haven’t been keeping up, and thought this was referring to the silver steelbooks (which are definitely older, and were cheaper…)
I’m assuming I’ve got them all, as I haven’t seen any recent additions to that line (since Only Yesterday).

The first Collector's Edition Digipak to release was Ponyo, which came out in 2010, then Arrietty in 2012, Poppy Hill in 2013, The Wind Rises in 2014, and When Marnie was There in 2016 - so the Collector's digipaks did start releasing before the steelbooks, but then there was a long 4-5 year gap before Studio Canal started releasing the most recent digipaks in 2021 - and now at a crazy-fast clip of almost two titles per month!

I was going to collect the UK steelbooks when they first came out, but I didn't really care for the bare metal finish they had, so I passed on them. I believe they've released all the Ghibli titles in the steelbooks except for Ocean Waves and Earwig? I started collecting the US GKids Ghibli steelbooks a few years ago instead, they have 15 of the movies out so far, with Only Yesterday and Princess Kaguya coming out in April. Sentai Filmworks also released Grave of the Fireflies in a mostly matching steelbook.

AL deal of the week is Re:Zero singles.
£19.99each for blu ray / £14.99each for DVD

Obviously if you don't have either blu ray already just ignore this and get the complete collection in an artbox for £38.60 👍

Re:ZERO Season 1 (Complete Series) [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Masaharu Watanabe: DVD & Blu-ray

I got that set with the artbox on early bird (was £34.99) and have just started watching it this week - I did try watching it once before but didn't really care for the dub to the point it impacted negatively on my enjoyment, now I'm watching it subbed and really enjoying the series a lot :)

Back