UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

How is the series?

And annoyingly the CE doesn't have the title on the spine which is a big turn off for me, why I haven't picked up the Wicked City + Demon City Shinjuku CE but I could always change my mind maybe.

What‘s the artbook like on this one? Thinking about text content, character backgrounds, creator interviews and the like?
The artbook has a bit of everything (mostly character art work though),
Note: it is DVD size cases and identical art work for blu-ray/DVD cases.

20220211_132432.jpg
Artbook contents:
20220211_132443.jpg

20220211_132500.jpg
20220211_132510.jpg
20220211_132544.jpg
20220211_132609.jpg
20220211_132632.jpg

Shame I found the series awful so can save some money on this one

I liked it well enough from what I saw of it but I'm guessing the source material is much better and tells a more complete story, fair enough that you really didn't like it but for me I think it was more a victim of truncated adaptation issues - to take another example Spice and Wolf is the only LN series I've read most of (and I own all the volumes except the very last one) but while the anime isn't terrible, it can't possibly compare to the LNs.

The artbook has a bit of everything (mostly character art work though),
Note: it is DVD size cases and identical art work for blu-ray/DVD cases.

View attachment 23138
Artbook contents:
View attachment 23137

Thanks, that was just the kind of info I was looking for. Those art only artbooks don't do much for me. I need a little contextual meat in the sandwich. Order placed.

It's a pass for me (I'd probably get the SE BD if it was DOTW - but it isn't, so I won't) - but I've got a few DOTWs in recent months and haven't touched any of them, so it's probably best I'm not adding another to the pile 😅

Kabaneri double play (dvd & bluray) is £14.24 on amazon at the moment.
I got mine this morning & can confirm it's manga UK's release.

Kabaneri on amazon
Hive.co.uk have this for £12.29. Got it around 1 month ago

It is probably not a bargain but I was just on Amazon UK and saw the German Blu-Ray
Super Sonico volume 1 Collectors Edition £25.27
Super Sonico volume 2 Collectors Edition £16.41

They come with a guitar keyring, book, art cards. The running time makes me think 4 episodes each.

Fancy them but the price is just outside my buy anything limit

If you are after these extras, you should consider buying the 3-pack for €33 (BD): https://amzn.to/3Jqmh4g or €30 (DVD) https://amzn.to/3rMdKTi (faster delivery)
Each of the 3 parts include a keychain, 3 post cards
Unboxings:
/

The release is not english friendly. It was overprinted to the moon and is thus now offered as a cheap (by german standards) pre-pack. But paying €30 for 9 nice art cards, 3 keychains, 3 german booklets and flimsy packaging? Dunno...
(I got the standards...)

*Links are affiliated

Back