UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Zavvi is currently showing the Re:Zero Part 2 CE with the art box as "in stock" for £39.99. The page for the product itself re directs to the home page but the quick buy button will put it into your basket.

Odd to see this pop back up, if you are looking for it it might be worth a chance.

Mine’s been dispatched so will hopefully find out in the next few days if the box turns up as well

Hmm... according to my spreadsheet of titles I want, it's still cheaper for me to grab the Funi titles via UP1 than the 20% discount (pre-release titles are cheaper with the discount code, though it's not included in this sale sadly).

I'll check MVM later once work is done to see how the others fare.

Hmm... according to my spreadsheet of titles I want, it's still cheaper for me to grab the Funi titles via UP1 than the 20% discount (pre-release titles are cheaper with the discount code, though it's not included in this sale sadly).

Like someone else has said you can include one valid item for the discount in your basket with the pre-order items and get the 20% off on the pre-orders as well. I’ve used it to get Dororo, AoT and My Hero. You can throw on a £2 dvd and it works.

i miss the days of £17 funimangle blu-rays but there's a counterattack in this in that i've noticed they drop a hell of a lot more and harder on amazon as we're seeing with Azur Lane and Fairy Gone
only downside is buying from amazon over AoL

Like someone else has said you can include one valid item for the discount in your basket with the pre-order items and get the 20% off on the pre-orders as well. I’ve used it to get Dororo, AoT and My Hero. You can throw on a £2 dvd and it works.
As much as I would love to have that 20% discount on pre-order stuff, MVM/AnimeOnLine really isn't a company I'd like to take advantage of like that, there is reason pre-orders and new releases are excluded from the discount, they are already discounted and don't do up to their full price until the calendar after their release.

It does suck though, there is a ton of pre-order stuff I would like to order, but not really anything released, even if it was reduced to just 10% off for pre/new stuff, would be enough to get me to make a decently sized order, oh well.

I actually tested this with a £2 DVD and 5 Funimation titles (Attack on Titan LE, Isekai Quartet 1 & 2, Sleepy Princess, Yona LE). While the discount does work, I found that UP1 was surprisingly cheaper but only by a small margin. It does depend on your regions of course, but in the end it comes down to 'do you want to pay a bit more to get it out of the way' or 'pay later and save a bit' and I went with the latter especially since 4 of the 5 titles are not scheduled until March.

Still managed to spend a bit of money on the MVM sale picking up the monogatari sets I didn't have yet. Not a huge discount when compared to prices on Amazon, but was planning to get them at some point and is a good way to support MVM.

In other words; I could have got another £2 off that deal-of-the-week I went for on Sunday…
it hasn’t shipped yet, but I don’t think I’ll bother trying to cancel (and reorder)

I had a quick look through some of the CEs, and they still tend to be cheaper elsewhere.

Back