UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Is there any chance of one of the early birds being a licence they acquired/reacquired but didn't announce? I guess what I'm saying is: could it be the Big O from the Beez days?

Pipe dream?

Finally, a mention of s-CRY-ed! Still got my DVDs from Beez.
Hopefully they release it on Blu-ray. Trying to remember if it has a HD Remaster or is it a SD Blu-ray release
I mention it because Discotek rescued the series after Sentai never released it from their Sunrise 2013 package deal. It's a HD remaster with 3 Blu-ray discs for the series and 1 additional Blu-ray disc dedicated to bonus features. Discotek said the films are a separate license so they aren't included.

The Eccentric Family is on my top 10 greatest anime of all time list. I love that show so much.

I live in the eternal hope of the second season getting a physical release.
Ah goodness, I live the same hope but is it at all likely? Had assumed season 1 would do well enough to warrant the next one being released but clearly not...

NISA released S1 in the US, and subsequently stopped releasing anime. No one else has picked up S2, which leaves MVM in a bind.
I see, excuse my ignorance but am I then correct in assuming that MVM are dependent on other international distributors, with whom they have links, picking up titles rather than directly licensing them the way Anime Limited do?

I see, excuse my ignorance but am I then correct in assuming that MVM are dependent on other international distributors, with whom they have links, picking up titles rather than directly licensing them the way Anime Limited do?
Pretty much. They rely on Aniplex of America for Fate & Monogatari, Sentai for many of the titles and maybe Madman on collector's packages if one fits their catalogue.

They very rarely author their own discs and they did it for Kizumonogatari Trilogy, Monogatari sets (Koyomi, Owari 3 & Zoku Owari), Anohana and Yuuna because there was no other option available.

Regarding The Eccentric Family 2, I believe Crunchyroll also has the rights to that as well.

For Monogatari I believe they are the AoA discs but probably not completely identical. I don't own those sets so I can't really say tbh.

Anohana and Yuuna are definitely self-authored (the latter was better than the former).
Ah ok,

I own the MVM Kizu sets and they had all the AoA style warning labels "don't pirate this or we will send you to prison" so I had always believed they were AoA discs.

To be honest, it's better to have AoA discs (or close to AoA) than Hanabee discs either way.
Yeah, this is pretty much the reason why I've been umming and arring a little over if the AoA series 2 boxset is worth it or if I should just stick to my MVM one which I believe use Hanabee discs.

Besides that and the Kizu CE's which I'm convinced are probably AoA anyway, I have all of the AoA releases now :)

Alas I don't hold out much hope for Eccentric Family Season 2. I love Eccentric Family, it's one of my favourite shows, but if after nearly six years, MVM still have stock of that brilliant Collector's Edition in their shelves...

Absolute bargain! 😍
At this point I should give up on searching for this set. #PAIN
Screenshot_2021-08-01-18-10-16-20.jpg

Back