UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

New Deal of the Week offers:

Blast of Tempest Complete Collection (DVD) £4.99

Z/X Code Reunion Collection (Bluray) £14.99

If you're looking to pre-order K-On Limited Edition set, there's a seller on ebay selling them and he has accepted a £25 offer from me. There are 3 sets left. He seems to be a reliable seller on ebay since 2010 with 99.3% feedback.

New Deal of the Week offers:

Blast of Tempest Complete Collection (DVD) £4.99

Z/X Code Reunion Collection (Bluray) £14.99
Don't know either of these but Blast of Tempest sounds interesting on reading a around it, and like it's trying to do something like Gankatsuou did. Happy to order that as a blind buy at that price.

Just a heads-up, I don't know about anyone else's, but my local CeX seems to have just received a large quantity of standard edition Gundam 0079/Zeta/ZZ releases for around the £20-£22 mark, and they look new. Possibly they fell off the back of a lorry somewhere (I do get that feeling with these sudden gluts of the same products in CeX) but I guess if anyone was looking for them, it might be worth a shot.

Also an advisory on the HMV 40% off sale - This appears to be limited STOCK rather than limited TIME, as today when I went in several shows that were previously in the offer had been restocked but were no longer on sale, while others were still marked down.

Just a heads-up, I don't know about anyone else's, but my local CeX seems to have just received a large quantity of standard edition Gundam 0079/Zeta/ZZ releases for around the £20-£22 mark, and they look new. Possibly they fell off the back of a lorry somewhere (I do get that feeling with these sudden gluts of the same products in CeX) but I guess if anyone was looking for them, it might be worth a shot.

Also an advisory on the HMV 40% off sale - This appears to be limited STOCK rather than limited TIME, as today when I went in several shows that were previously in the offer had been restocked but were no longer on sale, while others were still marked down.
someone probably bought a bunch from the 2 for £15 and flipped them all

Found some good prices on the Marketplace here. New user @MindGameCider has posted a sale thread and there are some nice selection of titles (i.e Re: ZERO Part 1+2 Collector's Edition sets)

10% may not sound much, but it does make a big difference the more expensive the release becomes.

For instance Gundam SEED Ultimate Edition had an early bird at £119.99 and thanks to the discount, brought it down to £108 (and even lower for those living outside the UK where VAT is removed). There was also special moments where it offered 15% off for the first order during the Christmas sale.

Basically this discount is going to be your best friend when it comes to bigger projects like Cardcaptor Sakura, InuYasha, Kakegurui, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gundam SEED Destiny.

Even smaller stuff can make it work it if you plan to buy a few sets. 10% of £35 is £3.50. 5 things at that price almost covers the cost, and that's just assuming they were at that price. As NormanicGrav said, the more expensive stuff will show greater savings. And once you get past that threshold, everything else is money you're saving.

I don't make a lot of purchases from AL (and I don't buy the big/expensive ones), so I'm going to wait for a while before I subscribe.

I've only made two orders from them all year (and one of them was a BOGOF, which wouldn't have been eligible for a discount anyway), so I'll hold on and see what happens with Inuyasha/Gundam/Christmas sales 😅

Back