UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Nice price, series any good? looks like you can get Part 1 elsewhere to go with it, I'd guess they go together.

Apparently some kind of season 2 exists.

Nice price, series any good? looks like you can get Part 1 elsewhere to go with it, I'd guess they go together.
HMV were selling Season One Part 1 at the same reduced price (I picked both parts from their physical store). I haven't watched the series yet (backlog ಠ_ಠ) nor played the game adaptation so I have no idea how good Arslan may be.

Apparently some kind of season 2 exists.
I believe MVM released Season 2.

I enjoyed Arslan, a little while since I last watched though, I would probably say a similar series would be Yona of the Dawn, so if you liked that proabably a good bet that you would enjoy Arslan.

But you might be able to pick up Part 1 and 2 New from Ebay for reasonable similar or a bit lower prices (although I don't see much at the moment). Used to barely go for anything, as it was a unviersal release where they just had too much stock and could barely give it away.
But CEX still has Blu ray of part 1 and part 2 copies for 3 and 5 (or more likley 5 & 7 with postage)

And Yep MVM released the second season of Arslan and it has been in the Deals of the week and I think it was in the Christmas sale as well.
Second season is only standard edition in a blu ray case (I aquired an extra collector's editon of one of the part and stuffed season 2 in)

Last edited:
£24.99 Toradora CE DotW
Any idea if this collection includes specials? Toradora!: SOS! Hurray for Gourmands, and Toradora!: Bento Battle?

UPDATE: It does. Sorry for asking a silly question before doing research 😓

Is that Toradora release essentially identical to the previous one, apart from the art box and cards?

It's one of the few shows I love enough to consider double dipping on...

Is that Toradora release essentially identical to the previous one, apart from the art box and cards?

It's one of the few shows I love enough to consider double dipping on...
Yeah it is but the box does look much nicer on the shelf than just the amaray.
Paid dearly for the previous version but on realising the new one was in a nice box & packaging, I was hoping/waiting for this to go on Deal of the week. So have double-dipped without hesitation.

Heads up, found weathering with you dvd in my sainsburys for 2 pounds. I work there and was shocked when I saw it but it seems they’re trying to shift them all, or maybe they just didn’t sell I have no idea. I’d have rather had it on blu ray but I can’t argue with that price, for 2 pound you’d be mad not to. I have the sainsburys stock app to show you what the product code is in case you wanted to ask at your local.

Attachments

• D5CE149D-5923-4EB1-A8A2-FD17B1A23B1E.png
    D5CE149D-5923-4EB1-A8A2-FD17B1A23B1E.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 16
It makes sense I don't really know a single person who doesn't have a Blu-ray player of some kind, especially with them included with consoles. So any new release most will go for the BD release.

It makes sense I don't really know a single person who doesn't have a Blu-ray player of some kind, especially with them included with consoles. So any new release most will go for the BD release.
Completely agree with you. I’ve never seen the movie before though and decided to take a punt with it. I was more shocked at the price than anything though. I mean cex will give you 4 pound trade in credit for it. You could literally pay 2 for it then walk down the road and get double your money back. Thats not something that I’m into doing but yeah. That’s why I was shocked. Hopefully the movie is good but even if it’s not I’m a happy buyer.

Just got a mail from Zavvi. My €270 1/4 Kusanagi statue order is cancelled, which was to be expected.
Likewise. Oh well :p

Edit: Now that the only option is "pay a ****-tonne" if you want it, just wondering what the cheapest anyone else has found it for is. Most sites I've seen that are UK-based are pricing it at £1,100 or more.

Buying directly from GoodSmile shop comes in at ~110,000 JPY including postage which is like £720 ish? I don't know what the import fees would be, assume a lot but it might still work out cheaper?

Not saying I'll defo buy it but I'm still strongly tempted so just wondering what the options are I guess :D

Last edited:
Back