UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw3ZjPmfODQj9rSmBzrqW43e

The Gundam Turn A part 1 CE, with that box with the beautiful artwork, is on Amazon uk for just under £30 currently.

Haven't even gotten a chance to get into Gundam yet but couldn't resist that box, the beautiful closing credits that @Dai posted in another thread, and the whole concept of that series having numerous homages to those past and unifying them even. Let's see if it lives up to the hype I've built up in my head, once I eventually get into this franchise.

Not exactly a bargain but seems that Hyouka part 1 LE has popped back up on Amazon

£49.95 tho and not sure if it would come with the artbox that houses part 2 as well.

Part 2 is the hard one to get, if you check ebay etc Part 2 is not listed but loads of people selling part 1.

Most likely, as both GSC and ZAVVI both include an A5 Certificate of Authenticity. As Hunter_Killer stated it may(not) be a pricing error, so taking the initiative while this price is visible would be ideal. You won't be charged for pre-orders with ZAVVI until shipping and other retailers are offering Motoko at a higher price. Your call 🤔
Looks like Zavvi realised their mistake!

1619462164181.png

My order hasn't been canned yet but probably will be shortly :p

Lord have mercy look at that price tag! Fingers crossed our orders make the slip 🤞 Though I won't hold my breath 👀

Okay, I had a long chat with someone from Zavvi's support today and ... They're not canceling orders. I know, it's only a support person, so it's not 100% sure. Excerpts from my conversation:

Thanks for confirming this for us. I can confirm that the price you will pay for your Ghost In The Shell Motoko Kusanagi 1/4 Scale Statue is £234.99.

When I said that now it is much more expensive and gave the link:

This would be correct. For now, you are being charged the price showing on your order.

I further asked that the difference is huge. So it will be so cheap for sure?

Yes, I can confirm that the price on your order is the amount you will be charged. Is there anything else that you need help with? Thanks, Callum

Personally, I don't trust them: P

Yeah based on my dealings with Zavvi I wouldn't trust them even if their CEO promised me something directly to my face. Still, that's interesting to see.
Problem is they have a whole year to change their mind and cancel it any time so I still think the chances are slim. Worth a try though as I can't imagine being able to shell up the "proper" price for it!

Yeah based on my dealings with Zavvi I wouldn't trust them even if their CEO promised me something directly to my face. Still, that's interesting to see.
Problem is they have a whole year to change their mind and cancel it any time so I still think the chances are slim. Worth a try though as I can't imagine being able to shell up the "proper" price for it!
Yeah, but if someone wants this figure, even if the original price is so huge, I will recommend buying 2 copies xD On Zavvi and normal store, ha ha.

There's always a chance. It was with a blu-ray set but when Garden of Sinners was coming out, I snuck in and placed an order that ended up being a ton cheaper than what it got sold as. They never corrected my order so perhaps they won't here. Of course it is a lot more expensive than my case but it may come down to how many orders they had at the cheaper price and how much they want to shift copies. That or laziness if it's too much of a hassle to fix. It's a lot of money to use, not so much to them if it's a single customer.

Fire Force Season 2 Part 1 available for pre-order at a very decent price from MVM:

Seems like they've lowered the srp from £39.99 on season 1 to £29.99 for season 2.
Probably means UP will have it for £16 - £17 when they list it.
Still a good price on AoL though!

Seems like they've lowered the srp from £39.99 on season 1 to £29.99 for season 2.
Probably means UP will have it for £16 - £17 when they list it.
Still a good price on AoL though!
Yeah they're matching Season 1 Part 2's SRP which was also £29.99.

Also worth noting that the Blu-ray only regular releases (Gleipnir, Infinite Dendrogram) for this Q3 have also seen a reduced SRP from £39.99 to £34.99, which makes discounts and sales a lot better.

Yeah they're matching Season 1 Part 2's SRP which was also £29.99.

Also worth noting that the Blu-ray only regular releases (Gleipnir, Infinite Dendrogram) for this Q3 have also seen a reduced SRP from £39.99 to £34.99, which makes discounts and sales a lot better.
wonder if this only affects part seasons, NGL S2 is still RRP £39.99

There's always a chance. It was with a blu-ray set but when Garden of Sinners was coming out, I snuck in and placed an order that ended up being a ton cheaper than what it got sold as. They never corrected my order so perhaps they won't here. Of course it is a lot more expensive than my case but it may come down to how many orders they had at the cheaper price and how much they want to shift copies. That or laziness if it's too much of a hassle to fix. It's a lot of money to use, not so much to them if it's a single customer.
I guess we will know in a few months if orders are canceled as I can't see Zavvi going through with manufacture preorder allocation for a bunch of orders they will cancel.

If they do then its kinda worrying as it means Zavvi will be holding tens of thousands of pounds worth of stock they likely wont shift quickly. Yeh I know 1099.99 is retail price and not the price they paid, but I can't imagine this would be a cheap figure even on wholesale price

Back