UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

When did Millennium Actress get announced for blu ray?

I just saw Millenium Actress for the first time at my local movie theater two weeks ago - a nationwide Fathom Events special, one showing subtitled, one showing dubbed - I went to the subtitled showing, as I don't watch anime dubbed. It was very good, so I'm looking forward to this Shout Factory release on Blu-ray.

Lol, I'll be heading back to my 40th high school class reunion this year - does that count?

Last edited:
was expecting to see Lucky Star in that list but i can only find the US version on their site, also regret not getting the complete set of Assassination Classroom at christmas because it doesn't seem like they had any more copies printed at all (maybe they lost it in the funi thing too)

Wasn't Lucky Star even OOP before the Funi ordeal?
At least I recall it moving onto the near OOP section quite a while before that.

Good thing I went for the Snow White set (even if that eas essentially triple dipping.) Though I still haven't watched it... @_@"
But it seems to be even more considerably rare than Hyouka p2, which is hard to come by already.

I definitely went for importing the AL Snow White storage box set, since my copy of Part 1 from Funimation didn't come with a slipcover but Part 2 did. I hate slips to begin with, but I hate missing slips even more... plus great artwork on the AL storage box!

Wasn't Lucky Star even OOP before the Funi ordeal?
At least I recall it moving onto the near OOP section quite a while before that.

Good thing I went for the Snow White set (even if that eas essentially triple dipping.) Though I still haven't watched it... @_@"
But it seems to be even more considerably rare than Hyouka p2, which is hard to come by already.

i think it was nearing but it was atleast £35 in most places and i'm a cheapass so i didn't want to get it for that much but it pretty much vanished when the funi thing happened

The US box has A+B, at least the copy I had before it moved hands did. Disc contents are afair pretty much identical, too. So unless the UK packaging is the first go, US is an alternative.
(Kind of preferred the US cover over the UK one, too)

Back