UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Amazon are seemingly cutting quite a few prizes generally at the moment across all departments (check out the prices for Half-Life 2 and MGS3: Bargains!)

Anime that's pretty cheap at the mo:
Nadesico: (vol 1 -4 or so) £10 each*
Kino's Journey vol 1: £10
Azumanga Daioh vol 1: £10
Spirited Away: £8
Princess Mononoke: £6

Edit: * it looks like Volumes 1, 2, and 4 are available at £10: Amazon doesn't stock Volume 3 at all!

Unfortunatly i cant afford it for about 2 weeks so i just hope its still on sale, or i get more work in the meantime.

Speaking of which i should really get back to work :oops:

X: The Movie
Armitage III: Polymatrix
Golgo 13: Queen Bee

Me thinks im going to get these 3 :)

and despite it not been anime and for some reason its listed as anime (lol) i may get the Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb

Never ordered from Play before, mostly because i thought i couldn't. My mum wants me to get Spirited Away for my aunty and since it's pretty cheap i think i will get it from there, and i think out of the sale items Tenchi Muyo, Lain and Kiddy Grade appeal to me

Play is great its one of only two online retailers, the other seel dvds, that ive never had any problems with adn ive dealt with alot of them

Ive had a few things not turn up from play or them sending me the wrong thing once but they are always happy to help and also fixed thr problem with just phone call. Play has got to be the best online retailing for the U.K ... well i think it is anyway.

The other thing is that 60% or so of a dvd's rrp is the retailers cut so some retailers, mainly online ones because thye have lower over heads, are willing to take a lesser cut in order to sell more so they make less per unit sold but sell more units.

So it's a combination of things. I couldn't understand how some of their prices could be legal before, but now it all makes sense, thanks

Yep, being based in Jersey avoids VAT, they only need to employ enough staff to cover the website and a warehouse, whereas nationwide chains need staff in all the stores as well as warehouses in different areas, a head office and internet division. All the buildings need running too, let alone staff costs, so Play can cut a lot of the cost most retailers have to deal with.

I have to agree they are the best I've dealt with, the few items that haven't arrived they have always replaced without any fuss, and the prices are usually the lowest

I never would have expected to see SAC going for £7.99 ANYWHERE. This is a major surprise I have to say. One I fully intend to exploit when I get some cash in hopefully.

I just ordered "Macross Plus - The Ultimate Edition" in that sale. It's one of the first "mecha" anime I had ever seen (I taped it off of the sci-fi channel back in the mid-90s) and I still remember it now; Yoko Kanno's amazing soundtrack especially.

Paul said:
I just ordered "Macross Plus - The Ultimate Edition" in that sale. It's one of the first "mecha" anime I had ever seen (I taped it off of the sci-fi channel back in the mid-90s) and I still remember it now; Yoko Kanno's amazing soundtrack especially.

Excellent choice. Got Macross Plus for £9 last year. I had seen it on sci-fi channel before and is one of my fav animes. I agree with you about the soundtrack, the scene where their comin through the atmosphere is awsome :D .

Back