UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I wonder if their description of the deal is incorrect, because I've added multiple items to the cart and at checkout the 20% off is applied to all of the items instead of just the 1.
There's also reports that the discount doesn't work well due to being eaten up by the Import VAT tax part during checkout.

There's also reports that the discount doesn't work well due to being eaten up by the Import VAT tax part during checkout.
Makes sense at 20% VAT + some duty, the 20% saving is just gone. However I wouldn't consider buying anything from there other than what isn't available in the UK. For instance I see surprisingly they have Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid listed there which I am certain is actually banned here.

Yes, my understanding of the cuts ruling is that it was judged as not breaking obscenity laws, but cannot be rated and sold by a UK store due to the Video Recordings Act. So you can import it with no real risk of concern.

More titles were eventually price-matched on Amazon after Manga Entertainment titles are on offer over on Zavvi.

Here's the list so far (all titles are Blu-ray unless otherwise) that are still on offer. Some titles did get price-matched but have since been reverted (like Code Geass).

• The Ancient Magus' Bride Part 1 - £14.99
  • Black Clover Season 1 Collection - £22.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 1 - £14.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 2 - £14.99
  • Demon Lord Retry - £22.99
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - £27.99
  • Hellsing Ultimate - £18.99
  • Heroic Age - £22.99
  • How NOT To Summon A Demon Lord - £18.99
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - £7.49
  • My Hero Academia Season 2 Collection - £22.99
  • Saga of Tanya the Evil - £18.99
  • SSSS.GRIDMAN - £18.99
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 1 - £18.99
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 2 - £18.99

If you have access to UNIDAYS which comes with a 10% off discount code, it would be cheaper to get the items through Zavvi in one big order.

(Disclaimer: These Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

New additions to Manga Entertainment's Zavvi sale:
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Set 1 aka 2012 series - £18.99
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Set 2 aka Stardust Crusaders - £18.99
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Set 3 aka Stardust Crusaders: Battle of Egypt - £18.99
  • One Piece: Stampede - £10.99
  • One Piece: Stampede (LE Steelbook) - £18.99
  • One Punch Man Season 1 - £18.99
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - £28.99
  • Wise Man's Grandchild - £22.99
Next week's the final batch which includes Dragon Maid and a few others. If you have access to UNIDAYS which comes with a 10% off discount code, it would be cheaper to get the items through Zavvi in one big order.

The current list of Amazon price-matched titles thus far:
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride Part 1 - £14.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 1 - £14.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Part 2 - £14.99
  • Demon Lord Retry - £22.99
  • How NOT To Summon A Demon Lord - £18.99
  • Saga of Tanya the Evil - £18.99
  • SSSS.GRIDMAN - £18.99
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 1 - £18.99
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 Part 2 - £18.99

(Disclaimer: These Amazon links are affiliated, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Back