UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

If it wasn't a Sentai title that'd likely get released as part of a complete set in the future then I'd probably be in, always a good way of discovering new anime.

DeepDiscount also have a few Sentai titles in their buy 2 save 10% and buy 3 save 15% including bigger sets like Monster Musume and School Live.

It certainly is. I picked it up recently too. Looking forward to future seasons being released. Viz always seem to do a nice job with the limited sets. Their limited sets of Ranma 1/2 were a thing of beauty too. Speaking of which: I just pre ordered the limited OVA/movie set which drops this month.

Neil: regarding DVD quality it's hard to say because there's a lot of releases I haven't watched in a while. Some of discotek's recent remastered releases of old movies have looked pretty great for DVD though. The Crusher Joe movie and Goku Midnight Eye OVAs looked quite nice.

Then again that might be because the last CJ movie DVD wasn't exactly amazing quality and Urban Vision were the last guys to release Goku on DVD. If you've ever owned any of their releases you'll feel my pain. That was the era of "we don't have access to any japanese source materials but we'll just stick VHS footage on a DVD and it'll be fine".

Last edited:
Back