UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Todays MVM deal is a bargain. Always wanted to try Hidemari Sketch. Love... sounds like something I might enjoy and at 26 episodes length, Bodacious Space Pirates rounds it out nicely!

Went ahead and ordered the MVM mystery box as I've passed on the other deals offered so far sans the Bake parts 1&2 bundle. Don't have a lot of their titles so I doubt I'll have any of the titles in the set (hopefully;))

I'm tempted to get the blu-ray mystery box but I have quite a few of MVM's shows and I have a feeling they will send out shows I already have and are only worthy £6-£8 at CEX... Or am I being too pessimistic?

My guess for their bundle is (worse case scenario for me)
Accel World Pt1
Broken Blade
FLCL
Kids on a Slope
Samurai Champloo

Then again they might surprise and put something like Chobits or Ergo Proxy in...

I'm tempted to get the blu-ray mystery box but I have quite a few of MVM's shows and I have a feeling they will send out shows I already have and are only worthy £6-£8 at CEX... Or am I being too pessimistic?

My guess for their bundle is (worse case scenario for me)
Accel World Pt1
Broken Blade
FLCL
Kids on a Slope
Samurai Champloo

Then again they might surprise and put something like Chobits or Ergo Proxy in...
I'm hoping for the best, if necessary I'll sell the unneeded Blu Rays to recoup any losses.
As for Chobits and Ergo Proxy I now own the US versions of both, Ergo Proxy is a must own :D

It's a good deal if you don't own many of MVM's titles, there's probably only a handful i haven't got of theirs that i'd want so it's not worth it for me, plus it doesn't seem as good a deal as AL's mystery box which was a bargain for the price.

Is this the last day of the MVM Christmas deals?

It's a good deal if you don't own many of MVM's titles, there's probably only a handful i haven't got of theirs that i'd want so it's not worth it for me, plus it doesn't seem as good a deal as AL's mystery box which was a bargain for the price.

Yes it is.

Yes this is the last day of the sale

It was just the day one Hakuoki bundle for me. There were some great deals in this sale, but not many of them really made me reach for my wallet with any excitement.

Gotta say, as great as they might be in terms of value, I'm not much a fan of these bundle deals and mystery boxes. In the case of the former, they've been spoiled by the fact that I either own half of whatever's on offer or I'm simply not interested in it. And with the latter... well, I just don't like taking a gamble with my money.

It was just the day one Hakuoki bundle for me. There were some great deals in this sale, but not many of them really made me reach for my wallet with any excitement.

Gotta say, as great as they might be in terms of value, I'm not much a fan of these bundle deals and mystery boxes. In the case of the former, they've been spoiled by the fact that I either own half of whatever's on offer or I'm simply not interested in it. And with the latter... well, I just don't like taking a gamble with my money.
I agree to an extent. MVM's was clever (give half seasons or what passes for so nowadays) if people like them at all you're almost guaranteed they'll buy the 2nd half at a similar price. I did buy AL's in the end but it's still left me with a double of gankutsuou that I will have the hassle of selling now :p after receiving it this morning I feel a bit foolish for buying it to be honest but the value is unquestionable. Edit: I should also add that I only bought it because I knew what was in it.

Last edited:
Nothing in the MVM sale made me reach for the wallet. I think there was only 1 blu-ray bundle that wans't Monogatari related, and unfortunate it wasn't an interestine one.

I also don't partake in mystery boxes, and the only reason I did the AL one was because of list of titles got out early.

Back