UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I was doing a check up on Madman and i noticed that some of the things were stocked again so if you missed something you might want to keep an eye out.

For instance Guyver set and Noir Set were back again.

Rice Digital are now stocking a wider selection of anime, especially from Anime Limited and Animatsu Ent, and are offering competitive prices compared to other retailers.

For instance Maid Sama Part 1 and Part 2 are just £13.99 each (both of which are currently £19.99 each on Amazon UK).

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 7

Day 1 Sales
Day 2 Sales
Day 3 Sales
Day 4 Sales
Day 5 Sales
Day 6 Sales
Day 7 Sales

Note: Prices listed below do not include Postage or possible Customs/VAT.

MEGADEAL (1 DAY ONLY OFFER):
Brynhildr in the Darkness [A (Geolocked)]
Retail Price: $69.98
Your Price: $34.99

Anime (Blu-ray):
Blood Lad
Retail Price: $69.99

Coppelion

Fantasista Doll
Retail Price: $59.98
Your Price: $20.99

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Blu-ray Box 1 (Japanese Import)
Retail Price: $498.98
Your Price: $354.98

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Your Price: $43.99

Kokoro Connect
Your Price: $24.49

Kokoro Connect OVA Collection
Retail Price: $39.98
Your Price: $13.99

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
Your Price: $8.00

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion

Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust

Redline
Retail Price: $19.99
Your Price: $7.99

Say 'I Love You.'

Anime (DVD):
Koihime Muso
Retail Price: $49.98
Your Price: $10.00

Ristorante Paradiso
Retail Price: $39.99
Your Price: $19.99

Shin Koihime Muso
Your Price: $9.00

Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan
Your Price: $9.00

Special A
Your Price: $15.00

Other sales include DVD versions of Fantasista Doll and Gargantia.

Have madman changed their shipping, or were they just undercharging before? My last order shipping was around $AUD22 but now they want $AUD76 for a smaller one!

britguy said:
Have madman changed their shipping, or were they just undercharging before? My last order shipping was around $AUD22 but now they want $AUD76 for a smaller one!

International shipping for Madman went up when they introduced Free Australia shipping. Hmm, I wonder how that works. It's a bit of a pain. I paid AU$ 9 for a box full of K-On Blu-rays back in the day, but then when it came to Soul Eater I'm suddenly being charged almost AU$ 30. In this case the clearout prices and the exchange rate still make it cheap as chips.

Just Passing Through said:
britguy said:

International shipping for Madman went up when they introduced Free Australia shipping. Hmm, I wonder how that works. It's a bit of a pain. I paid AU$ 9 for a box full of K-On Blu-rays back in the day, but then when it came to Soul Eater I'm suddenly being charged almost AU$ 30. In this case the clearout prices and the exchange rate still make it cheap as chips.

Did that happen over the last 10 days because my sale order from then was only $22 shipping. Im not going for another order now due to shipping charges,

britguy said:
Just Passing Through said:
britguy said:

Did that happen over the last 10 days because my sale order from then was only $22 shipping. Im not going for another order now due to shipping charges,

This was about a year ago. That sudden increase sounds dodgy. Might be worth e-mailing them about it.

I've been charged between 9-22 AUS dollars for shipping depending on how much I order in one go. I was charged 9AUS for the items I ordered from the madman sale last week.

Hmm, wonder why they're charging me AU$70 odd now then

edit - started from scratch and left out a few items, and now it's the standard 9 dollars like last time, wonder if it was just glitched?

What did you leave out and have you tried to see what the shipping cost is for the items you left out? There might be something special about them...maybe weight etc.

I wondering about the postage's too. It seems really random what has high postage's and what doesn't. Like when i tried to order Ryvius the postage was 22 Australian dollars for such a small item. I thought that it might be due to the low price but today i tried too see how much Honey And Clover would cost with postages and the discount for that isn't on level of Ryvius and yet it was 28 dollars.

I made a order that had a three items and the postage was 10 AU so i don't their system at all.

Yeah Honey and CLover was one of the items in my initial order, as were the 2 Digimon season 1 sets. Digimon have a AU$21 shipping attached to them, they must be heavy!

Nudged myself into making a second order too. Couldn't let that K-On!! Part 2 with artbox go, AU$10 is worth the double dip. Also went for Nana. The individual volumes were AU$ 5 each, the collection was AU$ 25. Put the individuals in, and the postage was AU$ 22.50. swapped them out for the collection, and the postage dropped to AU$ 9.50. I think the postage is based on volume as well as weight!

britguy said:

Some of the items have a higher 'international' postage fee attached to them.

For instance Karu, Gundam 00 - Season 1, .hack//roots, Gundam - Part 2 and a few other 'fatpack' DVD sets will charge you $22 postage (or something along that line)... where as half-season sets, and the artbox with volume1 sets (with the exception being K-ON!!) only charge $9.50 (even with multiple items).

For reference the first order i made had six Blu-rays in; total shipping cost was $9.50 (one of which was an artbox). The second order i made had four DVD sets in and two figures and the total shipping cost was still $9.50

Basically selected items either have incorrect shipping rates attatched to them; or because they are so big and bulky they have charged at a higher rate.

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 8

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Space Dandy Season 1 Limited Edition [A|B|1]

LIMITED TIME OFFER (LASTS AS LONG AS STOCK IS AVAILABLE):
Assassination Classroom Manga Volumes 1-7
Retail Price: $69.93
Your Price: $33.57

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Manga Volumes 1-9
Retail Price: $89.91
Your Price: $43.16

Individual volumes for Assassination Classroom and Food Wars! are available for $5.00 each.

Anime (Blu-ray):
Blood Lad

Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 1
Your Price: $11.97

Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 2
Your Price: $11.97

K

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Collection 1
Your Price: $27.99

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Collection 2

Un-Go

Anime (DVD):
Busou Shinki: Armored War Goddess
Your Price: $17.49

Golgo 13 Collection 1 (also applies to Collection 2-4)
Your Price: $7.20

Servant x Service
Retail Price: $74.98
Your Price: $39.98

Tytania Collection 1 (also applies to Collection 2)
Your Price: $12.50

Other sales include DVD versions of Hiiro no Kakera, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse and older releases including El Hazard and Fushigi Yugi. Live-action Tekken is also in the deal.

Rice Digital currently have a 10% Site-Wide Discount taking place (and it includes pre-orders).

Simply use the code RICE10 at the checkout and you will save 10% off your order.

Few highlights include:

Maid Sama - Part 1 and 2 (DVD) - £12.59 each
Persona 4: Disco Fever Edition (PS Vita) - £71.99
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS Vita) - £22.49
Samurai Flemanco - Part 1 (Blu-ray) - £28.79

Rightstuf Holiday Sale - The Winter Sales Are Coming: Day 9

You can still check out the other offers available from the previous days, these will all last until the season is over.
.Mon.. | .Tue.. | .Wed.. | .Thu.. | ..Fri... | ..Sat.. | ..Sun..
******** | ******** | ******* | Day 01 | Day 02 | Day 03 | Day 04
Day 05 | Day 06 | Day 07 | Day 08 | Day 09

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (DVD) [1]
Your Price: $24.99

Anime:
Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
Retail Price: $59.99
Your Price: $41.99

Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 2 Standard Edition (Blu-ray & DVD)
Retail Price: $49.99

Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 & 2 Standard Edition Bundle (S1: Blu-ray | S2: Blu-ray & DVD)
Retail Price: $109.98
Your Price: $69.99

Demon King Daimao (Blu-ray)

Little Busters! Collection 1 (Blu-ray)

Little Busters! Collection 2 (Blu-ray)

Little Busters! Refrain (Blu-ray)

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (Blu-ray)
Retail Price: $99.98

Ninja Scroll (Blu-ray)
Retail Price: $24.98
Your Price: $9.99

Place to Place (Blu-ray)
Your Price: $23.99

Manga:
FLCL Omnibus
Retail Price: $19.99
Your Price: $10.00

Robert's Anime Corner Store deals will be up later today.

Back