UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I will be grabbing that when my money comes in. Sub's only is a shame though as it'd be an ideal series for my other half but she hates sub's.

Also emo's comment isn't strictly true. Dragon Dynasty for instance was dotw before battle vixens. There's been some post season ova's & stuff too.

I would guess if mvm has an abundance of stock on something that just isn't shifting fast they would consider it for dotw, just at a lower priority.

I've wanted this for ages and would end my AOL DOTW drought too.

Quick question before I buy....there's no sign or news of this ever being dubbed right? I'm happy to buy this with english subs only if there's no dubs in sight as I really really like the sound of this story the way I do Ano Hana The Flower which I doubt will ever get a dub either :(

There is no report that a dub is coming or even planned, but there are issues with the subtitles in the UK release (the defect thread will give all the information about the issues) and I'd rather not have NISA ruin another series like they did when they decided to dub toradora.

It was never legally streamed so it flew under the radar a bit. I wouldn't think a dub is coming. TBH, for £10 if a dubbed version was ever released, you could probably just sell the subbed version on and not lose money.

Morbo86 said:
-Danielle- said:
Really want Season 2 of K-On
I have a copy of this I was going to be putting up in the market place forum, once I can find the box I put it in... I'll try and find it this weekend to check its condition.

Oooooh well post it when you can please and I'll see if I can spare the dosh if it's cheaper than what it's currently going for out there :)

Crikey - that's rather bargainous. Cheaper than Part 1 ever got, right?

Have you noticed that the better titles seem to be pre-ordering, the more the price usually goes down?

Yay, I think I'll celebrate the good news at saving a few more pounds on part two by preordering Kill la Kill part three now :D

R

Also, it's worth noting that a lot of Manga's titles that were pre-ordering very cheaply last week (Naruto box 5, Bayonetta) have now increased in price again.

Man...I have the first KLK blu but I don't know if I'll even complete the set. Its way too much money and I ended up canceling my pre-orders. I could buy a few movies or import a nice series from Japan for that much. I've already seen the show anyways so I guess the first set will just exist on my shelf for the sake of it I guess :p

Lutga said:
Crikey - that's rather bargainous. Cheaper than Part 1 ever got, right?

Have you noticed that the better titles seem to be pre-ordering, the more the price usually goes down?
Vol.1 of KLK dropped to £29.99 on Zavvi and hasn't really gone above £33 since (quick check) yup currently £32.99 for the blu ray :) Also Space Dandy is £31.99 too.

Be aware, anyone considering the above deal. Many US folk on ANN have less than good things to say about DeepDiscount's customer service, and packages being damaged or not turning up.

Indeed, I was not 100% satisfied with DD customer service when I have ordered before, but was able to get some anime BDs on nice prices from them. For this reason I have used PayPal at checkout, because if there is a problem, then I can issue a PP claim.

I have used Credit Card for previous purchases but even with that I did not get -$ after ordering...if there was a problem, the Customer Service sorted it out. The only problem was that sometimes different people handled the problem and they did not communicate with each other so sometimes it made it harder to fix the issue...but in the end, everything was fixed.

The disks I have ordered came in ordinary bubble envelope, because they were only normal BD releases, so I do not know how they ship expensive stuff like this, I will comment on this when my order arrived.

If the order gets lost during shipping, DD will issue a refund and I dont know about damage because so far my orders did not get damaged.

oh about damage...that is mostly the Postal Service's fault, I have received many orders from Amazon too that were slightly damaged.

In short, DeepDiscount is okay, however if you need to contact support because of an issue (like canceling an order), it will not be as easy like at Amazon or RightStuf.

Using PayPal is a good idea, at least it protects your card details and gives you protection if the goods don't arrive.

Back