TV Drama Recommendations

Depends if you have access to digital, free-view or otherwise.

On terrestrial TV, the only things I watch regularly are New Tricks on BBC1 at 9PM and Holby City at 8PM on a Tuesday.

Frost was being repeated on ITV on a friday, though that might have stopped.

If you have access to digital, several of the decent old detective dramas are out there, such as Morse, Frost, Wycliffe etc. etc., still well worth watching.

I notice you put Buffy down, well I hated that too, yet liked Angel a lot. It is a lot less er.. how can I put this 'cloying Americana'. You know, agonizingly twee stuff like certain comedies and so-called drama series.

I expect everyone who'd be interested knows already, but the X-Files box sets are on Play for very little money now, if you wanted to own them (I'm tempted).

Depends if you have access to digital, free-view or otherwise.

On terrestrial TV, the only things I watch regularly are New Tricks on BBC1 at 9PM and Holby City at 8PM on a Tuesday.

Frost was being repeated on ITV on a friday, though that might have stopped.

If you have access to digital, several of the decent old detective dramas are out there, such as Morse, Frost, Wycliffe etc. etc., still well worth watching.

I notice you put Buffy down, well I hated that too, yet liked Angel a lot. It is a lot less er.. how can I put this 'cloying Americana'. You know, agonizingly twee stuff like certain comedies and so-called drama series.

I expect everyone who'd be interested knows already, but the X-Files box sets are on Play for very little money now, if you wanted to own them (I'm tempted).

Gallus Glee said:
On terrestrial TV, the only things I watch regularly are New Tricks on BBC1 at 9PM
Have you noticed how something nasty always seems to happen to the James Bolam character? In recent weeks he's been shot, stalked, tasered and shot!

Ramen89 said:
Ah yes House is a must watch, it started off a bit formulaic but is much better now.
I don't normally care for medical dramas, too much of doctors and nurses playing "doctors and nurses", but House is the exception although I got bored by the Stacy sub-plot. House is one of the two television doctors I make sure to watch.

Suggestions:

Medium (BBC1/Sci-Fi)
The Dead Zone (Sci-Fi)
Angel (the Series) (Sci-Fi/Sky One)
Supernatural (ITV1/2)
CSI (Five/Living TV)
Andromeda (ITV4/Sci-Fi)
Stargate SG-1 (Sky One)
Without a Trace (More 4)
Veronica Mars (Living TV?)
Farscape (Sci-Fi)

At the moment I am hooked weekly on:
CSI (all of them)
NCIS
House (Hugh Laurie is brilliant)
Law and Order - Ciminal Intent (Vincent D'onofrio is amazing in this)
Lost (although got bored with all the flash backs and have now stopped, gonna probably get it on DVD so I skip the boring bits)
Las Vegas

Back