Tokyo Games Show 2015 News Thread

And here is the trailer

God this looks amazing. Those visuals are superb, the music sounds great and the animated cut scenes look better than ever. I just hope a subbed trailer comes out soon so I can get a feel for the story and characters. I haven't been this excited about a videogame in forever. I have no idea how I'm going to wait 6+ months. I hope the US and EU releases aren't far behind Japan. Remember when this game was supposed to come out Winter 2014? Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed in one of the comments for the Persona 5 trailers that they compared the plotline to JoJo. I found it quite hilarious that they based Part 3 with the third game and Part 4 with the fourth game. Very similar lol.

On a serious note, the trailer is rather epic with some serious tones in the last part as well as some interesting dungeons (the one with the castle and the group going in and out of the paintings looks really fun). I'm perfectly fine with a Summer 2016 release since this looks like a big game that shouldn't be rushed with in terms of production. I wonder what the framerate and resolution will be in the final product.

TGS News:

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend will be released in the west in early 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One from Koei Tecmo Europe.
Source: Twitter

Land of No Night (Yoru no Nai Kuni (working title)) will see a localised release in the west in early 2016 for PlayStation 4 from Koei Tecmo Europe.

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires will see a localised release in the west in early 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 & Vita from Koei Tecmo Europe.

Koei Tecmo have responded to fans who wanted to see a Vita release for Land of No Night and will be using this feedback. They're also interested in localising Atelier Sophie.

Persona 5 development and delay explained via Video.
Source: Siliconera

NormanicGrav said:
Persona 5 development and delay explained via Video.

I just want to address something from that interview

they’re packing the game with all kinds of content, and it’ll be the most voluminous title the series has yet to see as far as gameplay and play time goes.

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean Persona 4 Golden was already entering the 60-70 hour mark for me IIRC (Although that could have been longer for newcomers, I'd already beaten the PS2 version so I was already familiar with the game) and I'm not sure if I really want it to be much longer than that. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a packed game over a barebones one any day, I just hope it isn't too bloated. I have faith though. Persona 4 Golden is my favourite game, hands down, so I trust the dev team to do just as good a job with this.

TGS News:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone (the other upcoming PS4 Miku game alongside Project Diva X) has some new information!

During the stream the producer has mentioned the following:
- Releasing the Arcade game in full package form
- Over 200+ songs will be included from the Arcade
- No DLCs
- 1080p
- 60 frames per second *confirmed*
- "He said this is like a thank you gift for the fans"

Gameplay will be different to Project Diva f. Here's some screenshots:

[spoilerbutton]
55F8EA2145359C0008

55F8EA234536C00007

55F8EA2445693F0045

55F8EA2745308A000D

55F8EA2A452E8B000F
[/spoilerbutton]

Here's a comparison between Project Diva F and Project Diva Arcade for Weekender Girl's PV.

It's also apparently digital download only but given the PS4 supports multiple accounts you can download it via JPN account and then play it via UK account as long as both primary accounts are on the same console.

TGS News:

Koei Tecmo have confirmed that they are unable to release Ciel no Surge (the prequel to Ar no Surge) because the game is exclusive to Japan.

Ciel no surge was originally released on the PlayStation Vita and is a life simulation game following an amnesiac named Ionasal. The player helps care for her, diving into her memories to repair them and scanning barcodes to create Sharl to aid in the effort. Visiting can boost the relationship with Ion, eventually offering a possibility of romance.

TGS News:

Project x Zone 2 adds characters from Fire Emblem Awakening and Xenosaga/blade
Source: Gematsu

New Final Fantasy XV information: Chocobos, Fishing and King Regis and Luna explanation

New Final Fantasy XV information: Free DLC, Airships and Gilgamesh may appear as DLC

Persona 5 will receive an anime special (OVA presumably)

Persona 5 also has an Opening Theme
[spoilerbutton]
[/spoilerbutton]

God Eater Resurrection will receive a playable demo coming early October on PS4 & Vita

Final Fantasy Type-0 Online announced for PC and Smartphones

3DS title 7th Dragon III Code: VFD receives an introduction trailer on God-Hands

Taiko Drum spin-off The iDOLM@STER: Must Songs launches December 10th with 2 versions for Vita (both via retail and download)

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 launches Spring 2016 with 9 playable characters announced

Ace Attorney 6 receives a full version of the trailer with Apollo Justice confirmed to appear

Monster Hunter X adds Amatsumagatsuchi from Portable 3rd

Koei Tecmo's Yoru no Nai Kuni will receive a free Episode DLC

Star Ocean V receives an Ultimate Box edition with Miki Figure (210mm tall), OST, Artbook and more

Star Ocean V's Green-Haired character details revealed

5pb's Visual Novel remake YU-NO has confirmed for release on PS4 and Vita starting February 18th in Japan

Taiko Drum Master for Wii U receives a debut trailer

New trailers for Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir released

The Asterisk War Vita game launches January 28th with a Limited Edition

The Persona 5 OP sounds pretty good. Maybe it just needs time to grow on me but for me it isn't a patch on Burn My Dread from the P3 OP or Shadow World from the P4G OP.

Back