Time of EVE: The Movie on Blu-ray --- Kickstarter

st_owly said:
Well done, ilmaestro.
Thanks! All the sketches are gone now (there were four that took a bit longer to get buyers than the other seven), so the total is virtually up to the fan book stretch goal, I'd be a bit shocked if it didn't reach it now.

ilmaestro said:
Currently having the kind of excited stomach ache I used to get at Christmas time.
A quaint prioritisation. Five hundred dollars for a motion picture but none for paracetamol.

I don't have Blu-ray. I have no intention of getting Blu-ray either until the day it's the price on regular dvd players and dvds themselves! Boooooo :(

-Danielle- said:
I have no intention of getting Blu-ray either until the day it's the price on regular dvd players and dvds themselves!
I'm pretty sure both BD discs and players are easily as cheap as DVDs were at the same point in their life cycle, if not cheaper. If you want prices to come in line so that a DVD and a BD cost the same, well... That's not going to happen for the same reason you'll never be able to buy a new Aston Martin DB9 for the the same price as a new Ford Fiesta.

And maestro... I might be shaking my head, but I'm also grinning. That's a sort of admirable insane fiscal irresponsibility, bravo sir.

You can play normal DVDs on Blu-ray's right? If so, when my current dvd player packs in, I might buy one as you are right, player wise prices are coming in line with eachother. Blu-ray dvds aren't but again as you said, for what they I guess it makes sense. Although £15-18 for a film, I don't know why people do it :p

I'm not really the kind of person who buys electrical crap like that because I want one, it's if I need one, same with phones, mp3 players (proud zen owner! hahah). That's why you'll find in my living room I have a tv and a seperate freeview box! lol. It's that outdated but it's not broke so meh. The one in my bedroom and spare bedroom do of course have built in freeview though :p

Gaaah, I'll have to double check my finances before I can up my pledge to get that book. Awesome stuff getting that sketch maes!

Also regarding BD and DVD prices, go back and check your Amazon orders from 2004 or so! DVD prices were definitely at the same price as BD is now. I paid £15.45 for the 2 Disc Special Edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban...and £25.22 for a 256mb USB flash drive :eek:

Really? I bet you're right you know!

The difference is checking play and amazon from back then is, it was my Mum paying for it all and not me ;) hehe.
My outgoings every month clock up like two thirds of my wages with the other third going on food, a social life, then any clothes, dvds, books etc I want so stingy I must be! :p

DVD's (films) are lucky to get £10 out of me now lol

Wow, I've missed quite a lot since I haven't logged into Kickstarter for ages.
Changed my shipping to US shipping, and upped my pledge from $55 to $80 for the book.

ayase said:
And maestro... I might be shaking my head, but I'm also grinning. That's a sort of admirable insane fiscal irresponsibility, bravo sir.
I will take that in the good nature it which appears to be, haha.

Just Passing Through said:
Not downloads now, but Pale Cocoon + Mizu no Kotoba/Aquatic Language will be on disc extras... all delayed till January 2014 as a result
Nothing has actually been confirmed either way yet, but looking at the vast majority of the replies from backers, it does look overwhelmingly likely.

NYAV Post will be the studio doing the dub. Excellent stuff, Michael Sinterniklaas and co. haven't let me down with their dubs yet!

Also having done some budgeting, (and after spotting a few things I can trade in at CeX :p) I'm upping my pledge to get that fan book. It looks like they've got some really cool behind-the-scenes material in it that I'd like to check out, so why not?

Back