Time of EVE: The Movie on Blu-ray --- Kickstarter

It's taken quite a while for this to be posted on here.
Personally, I backed this yesterday when it was around £10k, and I'm happy that it's far exceeded it's goal already.

They're posting from inside the UK and BBFCing the BD, so it's pretty much a UK license announcement (in a roundabout way).

"The Blu-ray will be released in the US and the UK (with British Board of Film Classification rating). For UK orders, we will issue refunds for the international shipping charge (sorry, this is the only way to do it -- Kickstarter doesn't let us tailor shipping costs by country!)."

R

Rui said:
They're posting from inside the UK and BBFCing the BD, so it's pretty much a UK license announcement (in a roundabout way).

"The Blu-ray will be released in the US and the UK (with British Board of Film Classification rating). For UK orders, we will issue refunds for the international shipping charge (sorry, this is the only way to do it -- Kickstarter doesn't let us tailor shipping costs by country!)."

R
And what if I DON'T want a massive ugly BBFC rating on the box?

Mangaranga said:
And what if I DON'T want a massive ugly BBFC rating on the box?

Ask them to make a reversible cover? :D

The international community is really putting up for this Kickstarter. The disc has probably already outsold the international releases for several other shows and it doesn't even exist yet >_>

R

I quite like this idea of doing an international BD with Eng dub as Kickstarters. Might back this one, undecided currently.

I've put in the highest pledge which doesn't cover actually getting the BluRay. I'm tempted to up it despite not owning a BluRay player...

I was thinking about the $20 artbook/postards/digital tat pledge as spending $55 on something I more or less already own seemed a bit steep, but the dub is a game-changer. Got a few weeks to decide anyway.

This is pretty awesome, I'm very interested to hear which studio they pick for the English dub. Backed!

Ath said:
This is pretty awesome, I'm very interested to hear which studio they pick for the English dub. Backed!

Me too, lets hope the dub is good. Gone for the $55 pledge.

Rui said:

"The Blu-ray will be released in the US and the UK (with British Board of Film Classification rating).
Hang on, if it's not going to be on high-street shelves what the hell is the point in voluntarily subjecting this to a BBFC rating? That's masochism bordering on asking the Spanish Inquisition to torture you and offering to pay them for it. Who's going to know? It would just be like importing a US release.

Someone please let them know they don't need to line the pockets of the BBFC needlessly - The more we starve them of money the quicker we hasten their demise (which I suppose now that I think about it is also another argument in favour of importing, hmm). I would do it but then I'm not sure I'll be dropping $55 for a BD.

While I agree with you and think the BBFC are a pointless waste of time in the digital world, they seem to be trying to do everything above board. Hopefully it will get to high street shops too one day and increase the average classiness of the anime BD shelf a thousandfold.

R

Perhaps they're hoping to get it out on the highstreet or at least into online retailers like Amazon where it will have greater visibility?

Actually, it already has a BBFC rating, although that is for the purposes of VoD and can't be used on packaging. Maybe they can get an upgrade.

Besides, we should be happy they're selling it in the UK, since it avoids shipping, import, duty, "handling" charges etc.

st_owly said:
I've put in the highest pledge which doesn't cover actually getting the BluRay. I'm tempted to up it despite not owning a BluRay player...

I did pledge the $55 for the physical version, even though I don't (yet) own a BluRay player. I like this anime more than enough to support it's wider release, even though a simple subs-only DVD would make me very, very happy indeed.

Was a bit upset that I didn't know about this before all the really nice packages were gone. I like Time of Eve a rather good amount, but already owning the movie version and the OVAs on BD has me questioning the sanity of dropping another $x on it without being able to get something really unique.

~~

tcd7t5F.png

Currently having the kind of excited stomach ache I used to get at Christmas time.

Well done, ilmaestro. I am much more fiscally pitiable than you, but thanks to not having to pay international shipping in the UK, I upped my pledge to the $55 level. I really want that fanbook.

Back